Control Points in a CV vs CV enviroment

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

VT-51_Thud

Control Points in a CV vs CV enviroment

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Greetings SEOW community. Again and Always, thank you "very much" for the lasting entertainment we've had over the years. Air Group 51 has enjoyed many campaigns over the years.

Looking beyond our sink the enemies carriers scenarios I was wondering if I can get some advice on setting up Control Points on the Coral Sea (100% water map).

I can see on the Territorial Control Tab in the DCS where I can establish the Control Radius. I am assuming that means how close you must get to it before you take possession of it but there are no ships listed in the Force requirement which makes me wonder if Control Points work for us in a water environment.

It's OK if this won't work for ships because I can always manage this feature manually in the Control Point table.

Any suggestions or information you can pass along is greatly appreciated.
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Hi Thud,

I have never used CP in a ship environment. If it doesn't work I think there is a simple way loading ground units on all ships. You will need to give a freight capacity to all ships and load them with grounds forces depending of the ship size. e.g. 3 infantry in a transport ship, 6 in a destroyer, 12 in a cruiser ... and set your DSC territorial control parameter as you want. e.g. 12 infantry and others to maximum.
VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Excellent. Thank you PA-Dore. :D