Command Personnel

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Kopfdorfer

Command Personnel

Post by Kopfdorfer »

Greetings All,

One of the items I feel has been missing from SEOW/HSFX is the figure object of officers/commanders.

Why is this important ?

Currently , in order to represent objects with CC capabilities , it is necessary to apply this characteristic to objects potentially with other divergent functions. With specific CC Objects ( Read Officer Figures)
the possibilities of transporting CC by transportation of every moving object is possible - AND with the separation of the CC from the other object.

Furthermore , there exists the possibility of mapping a static camera to an officer , to allow an object other than a jeep/kubelwagen to observe the battle on the ground (and to present a much smaller target than a jeep).
Down the road , perhaps this could be mapped to a dynamic camera (pannable and tiltable).

With the desire for this development in mind , I approached ToMoose at SAS , who had been working on many small figures and objects to enhance on the ground dioramas in the offline world , to try his hand at officer figures intended for SEOW. He declared at the outset that he would need someone of a different skill set to animate them (if that were required).
ToMoose has generously taken me up on this request and has produced a fine set of officers. I hope that someone out there with the skill to animate these will take up the flag and give it a go.
Regardless , if these figures are included as Stationary Objects in HSFX , they represent several really interesting uses for SEOW.

Here are the links for ToMoose's fine work :

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t ... #msg522403
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t ... #msg433877

Kopfdorfer
PA-Dore

Re: Command Personnel

Post by PA-Dore »

Great! But I note they are static objects, it would be fine to have too new mobile infantry objects^^:

In our 2014 campaign "Operation Taifun" I needed to use Japanese and US infantry to simulate german and russian officers as HQ units:

HQ units: The officer
In this campaign, each side has a new type of HQ unit: the Officer.
He replaces the majority of the HQ units leading the other units to battle. Represented by a non-entrenched infantry group, this Officer corresponds more or less to a Senior Officer (Company leader). He has the same movement mode as infantry (simple mode in this campaign), and he can board any type of vehicle. He can also be parachuted.
Important: As any other HQ unit, the Officer does not have any HQ range when loaded. Thus, programming a group of vehicles under the command of an Officer must be done through the two following steps:
Plan the movements of all units within the HQ range of the Officer, including the unit chosen to transport him.
Load the Officer.
The HQ range of the Officer will be reactivated once unloaded.
Kopfdorfer

Post by Kopfdorfer »

Yes JP ,

You nailed the (only one that I can see) setback. We need to find someone who can animate them , so that we have :

Command Personnel Static
Command Personnel Chief Animated and Moving/Walking
(and ideally raising and lowering binoculars(or Sword for IJA) , and/or pointing periodically)
Command Personnel Dead

Any out of work animators out there?

Kopfdorfer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Very nice.
If we don't have animated figures we can always fudge this in SEOW by using different mobile forms. Anyway I love this stuff. Well done to Tomoose and to Kopfdorfer.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer