Feature idea wish

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

II/JG54_Emil

Feature idea wish

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

I thought about reconlevels the other day.
And what i noticed in the few campaigns I played is that recon levels stay on units even if they are moving into area where they are out of sight.

The enemy may still know if they are moving 200 miles further.
I.e. a carrier that was spotted moving South and either in the same mission or the next turning West full speed ahead in a in three hour mission.

In reality the carrier would have to searched for in the MP it would be indicated in the approximate position.

I wonder if it is possibe and easy to indicate this differently?
For example hostile with an icon indicating a large size vessel heading south at estimated speed of 30 knots, for example.
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

I have had similar thoughts Emil and from what I gathered from 4Shades response is that the FOG of war built into SEOW compensates for these types of unrealistic scenarios by being consistently vague if simple. The complexity of the current system is sufficient to baffle my analysis and is perhaps beyond the scope of understanding how one change will effect another aspect of the system other than by trial and error. In the end the answer is to use as many humans as possible and reduce the amount of intelligence that is automated. Human can fly or drive about gather information and report it for use in the next mission. Since I have been forced to run my campaigns with only 6 humans this option is not available to me but I have found other work arounds that while not ideal at least allow the AI to function as commanders would want.