Combined units freight losses bug?

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

102nd-YU-Devill

Combined units freight losses bug?

Post by 102nd-YU-Devill »

Hi Shades,

I think I see a bug in the mission results concerning how MP tracks destroyed freight in columns.

You can see it in this mission report:

http://www.69giap.com/SEOW/MP4.794/Stat ... 70900.html

Events 60, 61, 63 and 69 are all kills of vehicles from the same truck co.

They are all only kills of the truck vehicles, without any freight registered as destroyed.

Then, they are followed by events 71 through 81 in which a bunch of freight is destroyed when the last truck in this column is destroyed (event 82).

This has happened before also in our Normandy campaign. It seems that the loaded freight gets destroyed only when the last vehicle in the column is killed (in this campaign it was a german supply column).

Hope you can check this out before the new release.

Cheers!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Devill,

Thanks for the report. It would be helpful to know your DCS version (I can tell MP version from your link).

The partial damage code was written quite a while ago and seems to work OK, but I haven't checked it in a while.

It would be nice if any truck kill was immediately followed in the stats by consequent freight kills. I thought I wrote it that way, but I'll check. I need to look at the new columns in HSFX6 anyway.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

Initial tests that I have done appears to confirm that the DCS calculates the final damage to internal freight units only after the final destruction event for that column during that particular mission.
In 2 seperate missions, attacking the same supply column and only doing incremental damage (a couple of trucks) each mission, both mission stats show internal freight losses only after last destruction event in that column and not after each individual vehicle destruction as hoped for.

Still neeed to check multiple pilots against same target both only doing incremental damage each time and with mixed freight/supply load.

This was using DCS 3.3.9 in a 33C DB and stats viewed in MPv4.806

Cheers,
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

Multiple human pilots against column produced same result. All internal freight destruction was credited to the pilot who made the last destruction event.
102nd-YU-Devill

Post by 102nd-YU-Devill »

I checked the stats of the above campaign and I find the same happening even when a ground vehicle is killing the column. Freight destroyed only with last destroyed truck (a hetzer was doing the killing).

@Shades,

Sorry mate can't give you the DCS version because it is the GIAP's server for Korea. I'll ask someone there and get back to you if I find out.
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA »

The Mig Alley campaign is running on SEDCS 3.3.9.
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Good data guys. Obviously something is wrong and needs correction.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer