few noob questions

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

gec100

few noob questions

Post by gec100 »

challenged my self with one mid size seow and have few questions.

all the questions are from admin point of view.

1. How to Remove unused units from the OOB? i know that it used to be done by editing the db. is it still like that?

2. after getting some points from factory production, how do i buy the troops, planes etc and how do i control where they spawn?

thx
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi gec,

1. Depends what you mean by "units". If you mean the 1200+ objects listed in Object_Specifications and shown on the Costs page in the MP, you can disable any object by chaning its "Nationality" field in Object_Specifications to anything other than "r", "g" or "n". For example, the query

Code: Select all

UPDATE Object_Specificaitons SET Nationality='z'
will disable ALL objects.

2. Factory production is autmatically converted into troops/planes etc according the to Production Orders given to each factory. See the "Logisitcs:Industrial Production" tool inside the MP. Depending on campaign settings, commanders can choose what each factory produces. Once a factory produces something, the new object will be placed inside the nearest friendly supply point as a reinforcement. New planes go to Air Supply points, new army objects go to ground or rail points, new ships go to naval supply points. Once new reinorcements are available, commanders have to "commission" them as combat units (i.e. give them a name and affiliation) before they can be brought on to the map.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Also, have a look at the SEOW Wiki, esepcially http://wiki-seow-en.swil.fr/index.php/F ... forcements
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

gec100

Post by gec100 »

thx shades. i did read the wiki. was just wondering if there is any new development that is different than in the wiki.

more questions :)

units in the OOB: if i go the "disable all and enable what i need" way, do i have to enable all objects that will be used on the map (like barrage balloons, AA, arty, tanks, ...) or only the human flyable aircraft's?

industrial production:
linked to the question above, does the list in the industrial production tool depends on the Object_Specification too?

thx
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

units in the OOB: if i go the "disable all and enable what i need" way, do i have to enable all objects that will be used on the map (like barrage balloons, AA, arty, tanks, ...) or only the human flyable aircraft's?
You will need to enable everything you want to use in the campaign (apart from scenery objects, buildings etc).
industrial production:
linked to the question above, does the list in the industrial production tool depends on the Object_Specification too?
There are several options available for determining which objects are enabled for industrial production - see the top slider on the Production/Statistics tab of the DCS. You choose how you want objects to be available for production. However, any object disabled in Object_Specifications will NOT be available for any of these production methods.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

gec100

Post by gec100 »

hey Shades, it's me again :D

thx in advance for your and eventual other contributors help and patience :)

more about resupply:

i have a train in the resupply point and some units on the road resupply point 30km away.

how do i put them on that train? i have to move them around the map till the road and railway meet?

movement model:

i do not want to use simple movement cause i do not want to pretend to be a police officer and check every mission if people play by the rules.

do u have any or tools tips for mission planers on how to plot their troop movements in relaxed mod?

i tried to plot a tank column to go over the bridge but the game decided that it is better to go to the end of the map and go around the river :shock:

Factory production:

when using HSFX support; what exactly should i do? change all the existing Installation_Type to "Factory District Small"?

thx

gec
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

how do i put them on that train? i have to move them around the map till the road and railway meet?
Yes, exactly as in real life.
do u have any or tools tips for mission planers on how to plot their troop movements in relaxed mod?
In relaxed mode I suggest clicking waypoints along roads at regular intervals. If you come to a road intersection, help your ground unit by clicking on the road you want it to take at the intersection. Never click on a bridge. Instead, click a few hundred metres before the bridge and then a few hundred metres after the bridge.
I tried to plot a tank column to go over the bridge but the game decided that it is better to go to the end of the map and go around the river
That's not clear. Are you saying that SEOW sent the tanks a long way away from the bridge, or are you saying that IL-2 sent them a long way away? It is possible that you are using a map where the Highways data in the SEOW database needs updating, which could result in strange movement routes being generated by SEOW. What map are you using?
when using HSFX support; what exactly should i do? change all the existing Installation_Type to "Factory District Small"?
I don't know what you are trying to achieve, so I cannot answer.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

gec100

Post by gec100 »

What map are you using?
i'm using Stalingrad summer map. trying to send tank group from Volzhskiy Field (M10) over Volzhskiy to Stalingrad.
I don't know what you are trying to achieve, so I cannot answer.
I'm trying to enable partial damage factory objects using factory plates.
Wiki wrote:The concepts behind the factory plates is that they simulate areal industrial production. They are very resilient to attack, so you need to carpet bomb them constantly to suppress their productivity. Unlike conventional SEOW factories, they produce even when damaged, and they repair themselves each mission according to the repair time. This is completely different to conventional factories which must be fully repaired before they can recommence production.
thx

gec
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi gec,

The Volzhskiy bridge was disabled in the IL-2 stock Stalingrad map. I think Hawk_5 worked on getting it going in the modded Winter map, but I am not sure.

ABout the factory plates, you have obviously read the Wiki page (http://wiki-seow-en.swil.fr/index.php/F ... forcements). Yes, you just change the Installation Type, just as the page says.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Krutko

Re: few noob questions

Post by Krutko »

Hi all! I have some questions.
1. When will be the next campaign?
2. Our squadron 34GiAP want to join. How we can play with You? :D
IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: few noob questions

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Krutko,

We are running a campaign now set in the Marshall Islands, designed by Kopfdorfer, at SEOW HQ Forums. seowhq.net/seowhqforum
We are also designing the next phase of our ground-heavy First Ukrainian Front campaign, to start in a couple of months.

At the same time I am just releasing the next SEOW version - that has been taking some time. :)

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer