Looking for a Willing Mentor

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Kopfdorfer

Looking for a Willing Mentor

Post by Kopfdorfer »

Greetings All,

Though I have been reading about SEOW for quite some time , and there was a period where I was active flying on line (though not in SEOW - the only time I flew in an SEOW setting as a guest , the mission crashed after about half an hour) , I am not doing so currently. That being said , I am still following SEOW developments , and would like to try my hand at designing a simple (beginners level in terms of design)
SEOW campaign. I have a campaign in mind , and have selected a map that is SEOW friendly , begun a template , and laying out the campaign goals , planesets and ground unit sets. If there is someone out there with some experience who is willing to mentor me in developing my campaign , I would be appreciative.
I realize that there are probably many folks out there who reach the same level of desire to do this , and likely most don't follow through the exercise. I am expecting that anyone serious about mentoring someone from scratch would like more info about what they might be getting into , and thus I would ask anyone who might like to proceed to the level of finding out if a) I am up to doing this and b) if you are willing to put up with someone who is simply historically interested in SEOW and finds flying offline not 100% satisfactory , and is also not the most computer savvy fellow (50 years old and still likes pencil and paper), please pm me either here or at SAS Forums where I am more regularly, and we can discuss what possibilities exist for me to move ahead.

Thanks for your consideration.

Kopfdorfer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Kopfdorfer,

You are very welcome here. We have a small but active group of campaign designers here, designing and/or running campaigns right now in the English Channel, Khalkhin Gol, Kiev, Barents Sea, Stalingrad, Central Mediterranean and a couple of other places.

We span the globe in terms of timezones too, so it is not too hard to get to talk to people on SEOW TS, especially on weekends etc. As most designers, we find designing a campaign to be where much of the fun is to be had, but we also play campaigns. Some of them have gone on a couple of years in real time!

I recommend you start a thread in the Design Notes room to tell us what you are thinking, and drop by on TS some time.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer