FAA Okinawa

A meeting place for people running SEOW campaigns and people who want to participate in SEOW campaigns.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

eaf92_brigstock

FAA Okinawa

Post by eaf92_brigstock »

European Airforce 92 Squadron are looking for an adversary in a FAA Okinawa based SE campaign.

The campaign is based around the FAA's involvement in the invasion of Okinawa in Spring '45. Five illustrious class carriers are based off the sothwest of Okinawa manned by Corsair and Hellcat navy aircraft. The objective of the FAA is to iliminate the Japanese air presence over the Island before the main invasion

We are looking to play the FAA role (although this can be looked at again)

Your part (if you accept) will be to drive the British out and defend the airspace over the Island. You will have a broad cross section of late war Japanese kit. Nearly every late war Japanese plane is in there as well as 3 squadrons of Bettys to help you try and take out the carriers.

The Campaign is a semi Historical scenario. In Scorched Earth terms it is a very simple campaign to manage. There is no ground movement to worry about or any logistics. The Japanese at the time of Okinawa were not producing Aircraft and were low on fuel with no chance of any re supply. However to make this campaign more of a level playing field I've set it up as a pure dogfighting Campaign with chance for some ship attack and base attack. Because there are no re inforcements it will all depend on the ability of each command to balance the offensive/defensive role and careful use of aircraft.

The plan is to run it over my 20 meg down 1.2 meg up LLU adsl. Mission launch time will be between 20:00 - 21:00 GMT.

If there are any Euro based Squadrons interested contact me via PM here, via email to brigstock(at)eaf92brigstock.com or by visiting us at http://www.europeanaf.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Brigstock EAF92
Brigstock