SEOW Ace Series of Campaigns

A meeting place for people running SEOW campaigns and people who want to participate in SEOW campaigns.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Quick comment:
- Know that kurland and berlin are heavy and stuttering maps;
- Warg's proposals are good; well one day=one week, well the mods, provided that everyone has the same mod loaded (150GCT_Veltro is working on this);
- Also our ITA COOP DED server is available to all sectors; the same for databases, if necessary.
22GCT_Gross
EAF92_Meako

Post by EAF92_Meako »

Im a member of EAF, and we have between our squads flown a number of Scorched Earth Campaigns. Im intereseted in this upcoming campaign and would like to get my squad involved, but i suspect that as were europeans the timezones may be against us. When would to expect to be flying the missions for this.

As a squad we are very much in the fly anything category, as many hours in I16's in bellum wars proves.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Good to see people getting involved. A couple of comments:

Cmirko: I can't see any reason why people would be forced to fly Mod versions against their wills. It's personal/squad choice. However, if all involved in one sector, e.g. Murmansk decide they DO want it they should be allowed to (assuming it doesn't break SEOW and all the flight models are reasonable). If all decide in another sector they DO NOT want it, then they can go ahead that way. My main problem with the Mod is that it opens a can of worms where untrustworthy souls may choose to use it to gain an advantage. However, if I fly a 1940 Japanese campaign against trustworthy friends, the plane sets will be much more realistic if I can fly a Sally and a Claude against the early Gladiators and P-36, so a Mod campaign could be very attractive in that case.

Gross: agreed, some maps don't respond well to large-scale operations, Berlin in particular. However, if we regard the Berlin map as a Blue-held map populated only by flak and a defensive fighter group then things improve. If we further rule that Red can only attack using level bomber formations than that helps even more, basically an air war. Finally, the commanders assigned to that sector might only want low numbers of pilots. In recent testing we have flown about 5-6 109G pilots against 24 (AI) B-17s in a bomber box over Frankfurt with good results. The bombers hit most of their targets and the 109s took a few down but had a generally tough time. This is a good feature of multi-sector operations - we don't need to have huge battles in every sector all the time. Sectors can be lightly templated with small pilot numbers but still be hard-fought and very important to the overall campaign.

Meako: Hi Meako and welcome. I was hoping EAF would appear! :) The European issue shouldn't be a problem at all, since we have 102nd, 69.GIAP, 22GCT and the Finns interested already. As far as timing goes, I expect the commanders will self-organize into groups of adversaries and will work out hosting times etc.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

yes, Mods should be "optional" feature :) - but if we decide to go that way we will need to know exactly which mods will be used and server settings for COOP servers - 102nd squadron is so far "mod free" in online games but for this campaign we will consider using them if other squads decide to go that way :)

as far as European timezone - we have 2 COOP servers and at least 4 squadrons so far in european timezone :) i guess we could have at least 2-3 missions per week in evening hours depending on agreed schedule :)
EAF92_Meako

Post by EAF92_Meako »

Thanks for the welcome, as you know we have several squadrons, most of which are always interested in doing Se. So as you get nearer to going live i can get some idea of numbers of pilots for you.

we have a number of us sufficiently experienced to plan or lead if that is required.

I have read the comments on mods with interest, and share your opinion that if you trust the squad then mods are no problem, im a recent convert to some of the mods.

Looking forward to seeing this go live.
Jager

Post by Jager »

The only mod i would be concerned about mainly is the "destruction mod" that modifies several weapon and armor values.
Now when you can freely download it, anybody can change those values to whatever they want if they choose to :?

The new maps AAA groups are building look very good,the Slot, Malta and Northeast France if they work properly in online too...
13_Taipan

Post by 13_Taipan »

Hi guys,

13's new template will allow mods but we will be specifying which mod packs are accepted, also my understanding is if a server is running the mod pack with the CRT check on, it checks other ppls mods to assure that they are running the same mods ?, whilst this will not allow the "straight" version to be played it knocks out the player running questionable mods, we'll be keeping a very close eye on the Korea campaign anyway to monitor any potential abuse.

Also i notice the forum issue thrown out by 4Shades seems to have been somewhat overlooked what do we as a community want ? campaign forums here or on a new forum for me personally the issue is decided as campaign forums issue took a back burner real quick and technical issues took lead quickly, I would favour campaigns forums seperated.

cheers
13_Taipan.

p.s. Hi Meako is Techy still around and does he use those skins i knocked up for him ? if so say hi for me :)
I dont have a banner all I have is this signature :(
EAF92_Meako

Post by EAF92_Meako »

Techy has'nt been online for some time, real life issues im afraid.

Re Mods, EAF92 are currently flying with sound, gunsight and 6DOF only, these are sufficient to add extra immersion for us, but as has been stated earlier other mods allow previously unflyable aircraft to become useable and for a campaign that offers interest.

EAF will happily fly with or without our mods and will follow the guidelines you set.
13_Taipan

Post by 13_Taipan »

S`

13's campaign Korea "MASH 4077" is actually not part of this campaign i only mentioned it to point out what we are doing regarding mods, in this campaign recon planes will be AI only, i would support the idea of mods in the Aces campaign but would go with the majority over the mods issue, as Shades said earlier there is some trust factor involved.

cheers
13_Taipan
I dont have a banner all I have is this signature :(
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Thanks to Riviter and Hitcher, a new Forum is being built to cover all commander and pilot discussions for the Aces campaigns. When it is ready, this thread will be locked and the new forums will be the place where we congregate for Aces.

The present SEOW Official Forum will maintain is status as the official site for software and technical discussions regarding SEOW.

Meanwhile, Brandle and Warg are developing sector campaign contexts and scenarios to be used for the Aces test campaign. Again, I urge anyone with an interest in scenario development for Aces to get involved. There is usually someone online at SEOW HQ TeamSpeak (see www.seowhq.net).

Cheers,
4Shades
Last edited by IV/JG7_4Shades on Sun 10 Feb 2008 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

OK, the Aces Campaign now has its own forum site, at http://seowhq.net/seowhqforum/ . From now on, this forum is the only place where SEOW Aces Campaign discussions will be held. All those interested in taking part, either as commanders or simply as pilots, are requested to register at these forums immediately. We have the six sectors initialized and ready for testing, so we can start operations with minimal delays.

This thread will now be locked: please register for SEOW Aces Campaigns at http://seowhq.net/seowhqforum/

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer