Small Scale WWI-Style Campaign

A meeting place for people running SEOW campaigns and people who want to participate in SEOW campaigns.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Small Scale WWI-Style Campaign

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA »

SALUTE!

The Amerika wing of 69.GIAP is looking for a tolerant and honorable opponent for a small-scale "admin training" campaign.

I am an apprentice SEOW admin, having just completed my first "training" campaign, a simple, small-scale intra-squad campaign (69.GIAP Amerika wing vs the European wing), and I am looking for an opponent for my first (more advanced) inter-squad admin training campaign.

We (the Amerika wing of 69.GIAP) would fly "red" and you would fly "blue". (Not that it matters much - we could switch if you prefer). "Small scale" in this case means a maximum of eight human flyable aircraft to be planned by each side for each mission, with the mission launching if at least three pilots on each side are able to fly at launch time (gunner seats may be available if more than eight participants show up on one side).

We would like this to be a WWI-style (non-historical) campaign, using the same plane set on each side, distinguished by skins as on the GUTS_GLORY server. (And probably using that particular skin set. i.e. blue is German and red is French.)

This campaign would be flown on our server, using the latest version of SEOW (which will soon be installed on our server).

If you are interested, send me a PM and we can then talk about the map, order of battle, difficulty settings, SEOW settings, etc. I have a rough draft to propose. As this would be only my second campaign as an admin I'd like to keep things simple, and avoid using the "fuel" and "morale" tracking features, while using the "factory production" feature for reinforcements, but this is all subject to negotiation.

As for time and time frame, I suggest holding the campaign missions at perhaps 8 or 9 pm EST on a weeknight (far too late for most of our European wing), and I suspect that the campaign will take a month or so to get rolling. There is no rush. I prefer getting it right over rushing.

As an "admin training" campaign, there are likely to be admin screwups, so be prepared for a certain amount of chaos. That is why we are looking for a tolerant opponent. War is hell. :-)

If you would like to see some of the other campaigns we have done with other squads, check out our "Matches and Challenges" forum (where I will post a copy of this message) at http://www.baseclass.modulweb.dk/69giap/forums.0.html or stop by and say hello in our "Public" forum.

If your squad is still looking for the right place to get your feet wet with SEOW, this may be a good opportunity. Likewise, if you are SEOW veterans looking for a shorter, lower stress, just-for-the-fun-of-it campaign, speak up. This is NOT part of the SEOW Ace Series of Campaigns. :-)

Looking forward to flying with you!
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.