Operation Bagration 1944 - Start after Multi sector

A meeting place for people running SEOW campaigns and people who want to participate in SEOW campaigns.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=gRiJ=Petr

Operation Bagration 1944 - Start after Multi sector

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

Guys,

Looking for an opponent to play against after the multi sector, but shortly after. Which would make the start in about 2 months.

This would have to be flown on Sunday, start 21h30 GMT+1 or 19h30 Zulu.

Short description:
This scenario will be played over 2 maps but sequentially. First the Smolensk map, then the Moscow map as a standin for Minsk. It is inspired on Operation Bagration 1944 but the ground war has been geared towards balance with the Russians having a 2 to 1 advantage in amount of tanks. Quality is roughly even at this stage. The Russians need to attack and gain ground and thus they have the advantage.

Total turns would be 35, 6 turns and then a night turn with only limited moves and bombers/night fighters allowed.
As said, these 35 turns are split over 2 maps. Victory objectives are below.

Obviously, we can talk about the details if you're interested.

S!

Operation Bagration, The end of Armee Group Mitte

Campaign settings
- TRAINS: YES
Each side starts with 5 trains.
RUS Equipment C Train AA
GER Equipment C Train AA

- RADAR: NO

- IL2 VERSION
HSFX latest version available, mods on.

- MAP
Start of the campaign is on the Smolensk map and moving on to the Moscow map (replacement for the missing Minsk map)

- MOVES
Land moves per side: 40.
Sea moves: none, no fleet included either side.
Pilot seats: 18 Allied, 18 Axis.

Note: I know this is not historical correct and that the Allies had much better odds in the air. However, in the end of the day, this is a flight sim and we come to fly. So while having only 4 Axis planes against 30 Allied may be better on the mark, it just would not be fun.

- ONE TURN
Flying time: 1.5 hours
SEOW duration: 3 hours

- GAME LENGTH
22nd June till 2nd July 1944
3 turns per day:
first turn 10am-13
second turn 14-17pm
third turn 17-20pm
One night turn every 6 turns (restrictions!)
Total turns= 35 (over 2 maps)

- BRIDGES
Engineers needed. 1 turn needed to repair.

- GROUND MOVEMENT
Off road allowed during whole move, bridges needed.

- SETUP & OoB
Free setup for both sides.

- GROUND FORCES
The Soviets have about a 2:1 advantage in tanks, arty and other vehicles but not flak. Before you come to the wrong conclusions, check out the victory conditions. The Russians need to take Vyazma (Minsk) before the end of the 35 turns to have an automatic victory.
Soviet:
5x RUS Equipment C Train AA

Flak defenses:
Per Airbase:
4x2 85mm 1939-K AAA
6x2 40mm Bofors UK

Per Factory cluster and/or Fuel depot(s) (cumulative):
2x2 85mm 1939-K AAA
4x2 40mm Bofors UK

Per RR station:
1x2 85mm 1939-K AAA
2x2 40mm Bofors UK

15x Rus Brigade HQ Column
12x US Engineer Co
12x US Supply Co
12x US Supply Brigade Column

30x4 Katyusha
40x4 152mm ML-20 Houwitzer
20x2 85mm 1939-K AAA
30x2 40mm Bofors UK
30x2 M16 Half Track + Quad
60x3 SU-76
20x4 IS-2
60x4 T-34 85mm
20x4 T-34
15x3 SU-85
15x3 SU-152

Axis:

5x GER Equipment C Train AA

Flak defenses:
Per RR station:
1x2 Type 96 3x25mm AAA
1x2 37mm Flak 37
1x2 88mm flak

Per Factory cluster and/or Fuel depot(s) (cumulative):
2x2 Type 96 3x25mm AAA
2x2 37mm Flak 37
2x2 88mm flak

Per Airbase:
3x2 Type 96 3x25mm AAA
3x2 37mm Flak 37
4x2 88mm flak

200 concrete AT bunkers
15x Ger. Pz Abt HQ Column
12x Ger. Pioneer Staffel Column
12x Ger. Nachschub Komp Column
12x Ger. Aufklarer Bgd Column
15x2 Sd.Kfz4/1 + 15cm Pzw
30x2 150mm Howitzer 1918
20x2 88mm Flak
30x2 Sd Kfz 6/2 37mm
30x2 Sd.kfz 3a 20mm flak 38
15x3 MarderIII
15x3 Hertzer
10x4 PzVI Tiger
20x4 PzV Panther
20x4 PzIVG
10x3 Stug IV
10x3 JagdPanther

- SUPPLY: YES
Supply production set to historic for both sides.

- PRODUCTION/FACTORIES: YES/YES
Still under development. Goal is to give the Soviets about twice the amount of production.

- CCCI/CONTROL RANGES/HQ's
Each side has units resembling Divisional HQ's. They are your only CCCI capable units and have a range of 12km on both sides.
Divisional HQ's function as a resupply point for land replacements IF the HQ has at least 50% fuel or more available. If a player wishes to use this capacity, the admin needs to create a resupply point on the exact location of the HQ which he can then use to bring replacements into play. Units added to this resupply point MUST be brought into play that same turn. The resupply point moves with the HQ unit, i.e. it is adjusted to the new location of the HQ unit when that unit moves. See below.

The following ground units do NOT require a CCCI unit to move but are NOT themselves CCCI capable:
- Supply units.
- Engineer units
- Trains

- REPLACEMENTS
1. One fourth of the losses sustained arrive back as replacements. So for each 4x PzVI Tiger lost you get 1x PzVI Tiger back. These can be accumulated and be brought into play as a unit of 4 if enough losses of the exact type have occurred. This represent lightly wounded returning and/or repair at workshops.
These units can be brought into play through an HQ re-supply point except when the HQ has less than 50% supply!
Note: We can keep track of this through the SEOW statistics pages and I recommend using an xls file for keeping track of the replacements.
It is the commanders responsibility to keep track of which units can be replaced.

2. Automatic replacements
HQ's, supply units (any type) and Engineers are automatically replaced when eliminated on the next morning turn after they were eliminated.
Partial damage is also repaired on the morning turn. This needs to be done manually in the DB by the admin but requested by the commanders.

- SPECIAL UNITS
1. Both sides have large supply brigades units which have a very high cargo capacity. They are there fully intended to be used to move large amount of units around. Including tanks and vehicles. I know this is unrealistic but so is the limit on ground moves at any one turn. Using these units as big transports allows for rear area movements of large formations without it costing a huge amount of your movement allowance.
I've toyed with restricting this movement to within 1 hex of the front but in the end I think that restrictions are not necessary. It's a 2 edged sword. You can move a lot very rapidly, however, everything transported, including those Tigers, are very, very vulnerable. Up to you whether or not to take the risk.

2. Engineers. Besides normal actions of Engineers, they are also needed to move bunkers from one place to another. Bunkers by itself cannot move.

- VICTORY
The scenario is played over 2 maps sequentially. We start out on the Smolensk map and, once certain objectives are takes (see below) we move onto the Moscow map standing in for the missing Minsk map.
In order to move to the Moscow (Minsk) map, the Soviets must have uncontested ownership of all German control points on the map. As long as 1 control point stays contested, we keep playing on the Smolensk map.

Once this is achieved we move on to the next map by redeploying remaining troops. All remaining German troops which are not surrounded (use common sense) and all Russian troops except airbase and factory garrisons are redeployed according to the starting positions on the template (Q-R-S rows Russian, rest Axis).

All German surrounded troops are eliminated but still yield special replacements (breakouts of limited groups).
There are 10 Axis control points on the Moscow map, 1 in each of these locations: Vyazma, Rzhev, Ugra, Klimov Zahod, Yukhnov, Volokolamsk, Mozhaysk, Medyn, Kondrovo, Polotnianiy Zavod.

Victory is determined by who controls the most of the 10 Axis control points at the end of the game.
Allied held CP's Axis Held CP's Result
0-1 10-9 Total Axis Victory
2-3 8-7 Decisive Axis Victory
4 6 Marginal Axis
5 5 Draw
6 4 Marginal Allied Victory
7-8 3-2 Decisive Allied Victory
9-10 1-0 Total Allied Victory

1. If the Axis ever capture the Allied control point in Smolensk, even for one turn, the game ends with a total Axis victory. Contesting the CP is not enough.

2. For every 10000 points (not rounded) of enemy destroyed materiel in excess of losses suffered counts as 1 victory shift in favor of the side with the positive saldo. Example, at the end of the campaign the Allies own 8 CP's and this would be a Decisive Allied Victory. However, the Axis have inflicted 22000 more losses to the Allies then they lost themselves turning it into a draw.

- AIRBASES
1. All Airbases are active at the start of the game. Division as per template.
2. All airbases are _heavily_ guarded with AA. There is no such thing as a free lunch
3. 50% planes will be on the airfield during a mission.
4. Both sides have air resupply points from which planes can start. Any legal load out can be selected by either side for new planes that enter the map through these Air Resupply Points.
5. Planes entering through air resupply points can only enter with 50% fuel. Drop tanks are allowed.
6. The Axis and Allies can deploy their planes at the start of the game.

- LOADOUT RESTRICTIONS
NONE

- PARADROPS
Not allowed either side.

- RE-SUPPLY DROPS
Allowed both sides.

- TROOP TRANSPORTS
Allowed but only from and too friendly airbases!

- PLANES IN THE SET

Axis:
28xFW-190A-8 Wuerger
24xFW-190A-7
16xFW-190F-8 Wuerger
24xBf-109G-6/AS Gustav
24xBf-109G-10
12xBf-110G-2
24xME-410A
24xHe-111H-21
12xJu-87G-2 Stuka
36xJu-88A-4
12xJu-52-3MG6E Tante Ju
12xFW-189A-2 Uhu

Allies:
8xYak9U
24xYak9
12xLA-5F
12xLA-5FN
12xYak1B
8xYak-7B
8xYak3
16xP39Q10
48xIL-2 (version?)
16xIL2 (older version)
24xPe-2
24xTU2
12xA20G
12xLi2
12xU-2VS

-NIGHT TURNS
Every 6 missions there is a night turn and the following restrictions are in effect:
1. Only bombers and night fighters are allowed.
2. Only ground moves from the rear to the front and withdrawels are allowed at this time. A player may not move troops into contact deliberately!

- RECON SETTING
Initially
Axis: 50%
Allied: 50%
During game: 20%

- VISIBILITY: 6km for everything

- BAILING OUT/STAYING IN GAME
If you have to bail out, you MUST stay on the server until your pilot reaches the ground, runs for safety and disappears. You must then disconnect immediately. If you are killed you must also disconnect immediately. This will ensure that the individual pilot records are registered as correctly as possible.

- CRASH LANDING
If you crash your plane while landing, in friendly or enemy territory or flip it over in your own airbase, you MUST bail out. This will ensure that the aircraft & pilot records are registered as correctly as possible.'

- NTRK
NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO NTRK ANY OFF THE MISSIONS, THIS PRODUCES GREAT AMOUNTS OF LAGG & PROVIDES A GREAT SOURCE OF INFORMATION TO ANY SIDE. ADMIN IS THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED TO NTRK, IF IT IS NEEDED.

On the last mission, Admin will place static cameras on different locations so as to get good action footage of the last mission, as a memoir of this campaign.

- MLR
No mission log reading tool allowed, this is considered cheating!

- SERVER SEAT
This will be an AI aircraft.

- PARAMETER SETTINGS
Will all participants set their network parameter in IL2 to ISDN. When entering game via HL the server will override this BUT if someone has to enter by direct IP connect this stops them hogging the line.

Server will be set to old clouds and 3D gunners off.

We are running big co-ops with big maps, lots of objects and near 40 players online. We are using settings to help players that do not have the latest fastest systems participate. Please do not join if you have a Commodore 64 with a ZX81 Graphics card and a 56k dial-up. Without at least 1 Gb of RAM it will be unplayable and will lagg everyone else.

- PUNCTUALITY & RESTARTS
We will be running with near to 40 players. Lining them up takes about 30 minutes. Everyone is responsible for punctuality. Some pilots have time constraints - waiting 5 minutes more for that last player may mean you lose one or two other players who have been waiting for a half hour.

There is ‘NO RESTART POLICY’. We restart only in the case of a catastrophic technical problem knocking out multiple players. Again past experience is that you restart for one or two players and lose three or four.

- SERVER & MISSION CRASHES
AFTER 15min, if mission collapses/crashes, mission will be rendered as valid & accepted by both parties, whatever the end result. We do not refly missions, as there is obviously something wrong with it so we must move on.

- BUGS & GLITCHES
Both SEOW and IL2 have limitations and errors - particularly in the statistics. Yes we know that sometimes tanks swim rivers, damaged ships reappear brand new the next mission, Heinkel 111’s spin like berserk on certain airfields, it says that I was captured but I bailed over my base, I shot down 15 x 109s but it says that I only killed 14....

The Administrator can not correct many things and we cannot have the administrator changing stuff in the database, which is already not very stable.

We will start a thread in the challenge section where each side can post up its 'not fair' or 'bug' issues. This allows everyone to track errors and at the end of the campaign we can adjust personal and squad results.

If there is a real complaint please request a TS meeting to discuss with administrator and senior officer quietly. Everyone avoid "cheating" discussions on forums they become flame festivals.

Above all the objective is fun open game play with GOOD HUMOUR.

We must avoid making up lots of complex rules. For example there is no rule against chute shooting but many people would not choose to fly with people that do that kind of stuff, so basically, don’t!

FINALLY and most importantly, let's all use common sense. No cheating will be attempted by any side, things like moving troops outside, or off the map or around the edges will not be accepted. If an issue arises please make a post in our forum so it can be clarified and both parties are satisfied, remember ADMIN always has the last say! Lets have fun.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Nice, I think a late-war OOB like this would be very interesting. Best of luck with this - the timezone will rule me out unfortunately.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=gRiJ=Petr

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:Nice, I think a late-war OOB like this would be very interesting. Best of luck with this - the timezone will rule me out unfortunately.

Cheers,
4Shades
Thanks Shades.
There's no one I'd rather fly with than you but the timezones is just, well...

Maybe you could fly with our American wing? They are pretty active and have a few campaigns going on. They fly at 21h30 EST I think.

Alternatively, I can send the rules and templates and you can organize your own campaign if you want...

Drop me an email if your interested.

Cheers,
Petr
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

I recommend that any squads/pilots out there (who are interested in taking part in a tough SEOW campaign against skilled opposition) get in touch with Petr at 69GIAP. This could be a very interesting campaign - Petr has put a lot of thought into this.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=gRiJ=Petr

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

Thanks Shades!

Opponent found.

Cheers,
Petr