database of SEOW squadrons

A meeting place for people running SEOW campaigns and people who want to participate in SEOW campaigns.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=69.GIAP=MALYSH

database of SEOW squadrons

Post by =69.GIAP=MALYSH »

Hi everyone. We've currently got a gap in our SEOW activities and in the course of some campaign-building we ran into our age-old problem: finding opponents. This always seems to be the hardest part of a campaign. Good campaign builders have a repertoire of contacts, most are willing to share, but sending out a slew of emails still feels a bit inefficient. Perhaps we could create a public database of which squads are willing to do what kind of SEOW, which days, which timezone, etc, and how to reach that squad. It might be a nice way to meet new squads, and newcomers would have an easier time getting invited.

For example:

Name: =69.GIAP=

days, times, and numbers (per side) of SEOW campaigns:
- sunday, 1900Z/2000Z, 16-22
-wednesday, 1900Z/2000Z, 8-14
-saturday, 1900Z/2000Z, 6-12

SEOW experience level: moderate to high

Ever since the dawn of time, mankind has wondered: what happens when the Stalinator, flying a U2VS, drives a wheel through a parked Stuka? Why does the Cossak appear in all these Vatican pictures? And why is there Ptab in my soup? We are here to answer these questions.
We are a large (40+) Euro-based squad including a smaller (10-ish) US contingent. Relaxed on the ground but fairly serious in the air, we like to fly eastern front on sundays (as a general rule) but otherwise we'll fly any theater, any time. Usually red, not always, in a vain attempt to avoid friendly fire from two notorious squad members (you know who you are)
We tend to create single-sector campaigns which adhere to mostly historical lines if noone looks too closely, but we're not fussy.
If you feel like David looking at Goliath, don't get the sling out, we often fly alongside smaller friendly squads or against groups of enemy squads.

We are currently looking for an opponent on sundays. :)
VT-51_Razor

Post by VT-51_Razor »

Air Group 51 is a medium sized squad based in the US. We are continually faced with the same problem - finding other squads to fly against in an SEOW campaign. Our problem is somewhat exacerbated by the fact that we are a US Navy carrier based squad and have a hard time finding opponents that prefer flying for the Emperor of Japan. :)

The =69 GIAP= have been a willing opponent in the past and, if I'm not mistaken, will be again as soon as HSFX 5.0 comes out. I believe we are slated to fly for der Furor in the skies over Stalingrad.

Our website is www.airgroup51.net and our squad nights are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 2200 - 2400 Eastern Time. We can be somewhat flexible with these days if necessary.

We prefer flying off our CVL San Jacinto in the warm waters of the South Pacific (not so much of a shock when one finds oneself swimming unexpectedly) but have been known to go over to the dark side (flying USAAF kites) and even occasionally flying blue. CobraJ is our Operations officer and would be the primary POC.
Last edited by VT-51_Razor on Mon 13 Feb 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VT-51_Razor
Operations Officer
Air Group 51

Those in aviation, who think they know it all, are particularly annoying to those of us who really do.
=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Post by =69.GIAP=MALYSH »

hmmmm sorry to see so few replies, but thanks for pitching in, Razor! Did I overestimate the idea, or do too few people visit these forums?
VT-51_Razor

Post by VT-51_Razor »

I think it's the latter Malysh. The idea is a good one and not overestimated at all. I believe that a place like the SimHQ forums would be a place where you might get a better response. Or maybe over at the FISK forum: http://www.gofisc.com/
VT-51_Razor
Operations Officer
Air Group 51

Those in aviation, who think they know it all, are particularly annoying to those of us who really do.
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Good idea Malysh ;-)

We could add these datas to WIKISEOW