Coming Soon: Scripted Campaign

A meeting place for people running SEOW campaigns and people who want to participate in SEOW campaigns.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

Coming Soon: Scripted Campaign

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

There are some great initiatives coming here (see GZ's Point Blank campaign). I just wanted to let you know that I am soon going to release a new kind of SEOW campaign: a scripted campaign that allows players to take on a dynamic AI enemy force.

This has been in testing at SEOW HQ over the past month or so, and we have just completed our testing. More news later.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Hitcher

Post by Hitcher »

This sounds very interesting!
Hitcher
[URU]BlackFox

Post by [URU]BlackFox »

Absolutely amazing initiative. Thanks a lot!
Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Operation Dettachment is a truly amazing scripted campaign!! Wish I knew how to build one like that :lol:
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Glad you like it Riksen!

Really, if you already know a bit of PHP then developing a scripted campaign is more about conceptualising your scenario and understanding something about how SEOW manages the various tables in the DB.

You can use the "Operation Detachment" DCS Engine script as an example of the simple mission-dependent logic but it also has all the SEOW requirements for included libraries, SQL query usage etc.

The big thing is to think about how you want your campaign to play out. Iwo Jima was easy because the Japanese had basically static defenses. If you want moving defences, then you need to program the movements as well, and that is more complex to make realistic.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer