SEOW Scripted Campaign - Operation Detachment v2.0

A meeting place for people running SEOW campaigns and people who want to participate in SEOW campaigns.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

I built the first mission and there were no IJN flights is that normal? The script seems to have ran at the end of the build. At least I hit ok when it told me "Web Service completed with the following response" etc.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes, that's normal. The long-range aerial bombardment and recon missions in Feb 1945 were mostly unopposed.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Thanks 4Shades I wish I didn't have to peak but as you know I worry alot. I need an admin for my single player missions :D
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

This thing is a bitch. Not only did I fail to find the IJN supply ship but I ran out of fuel on my way back due to careless planning. It took me a half an hour to calculate wind speed effects etc to get the right course. Then it says I died (bastard computer). I clearly remember sitting not 10k from my carrier wondering when are they going to pick me up and that was after running the mission well past the one hour mark. I guess they ran over my ass :D for refusing to play by the rules.

Anyway thanks for a great campaign 4Shades if anyone else is considering running it as a single player campaign I highly recommend it.

At least until I get so mad at my own failures that i quit it :D
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Lol, glad you are enjoying it. You wait until you start the beach landings - things will start to hot up.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Hey guys wahts up???! Hope everyone is good... Well i've downloaded and install Operation Detachment in my SEOW and i do have it working already (currently playing Smolensk sector with my squad mates) but when i tried to install OD i got a few error showing up

I just ignored them but when I got to the MP for planning of the mission I got this one ..... Do u guys know whats going on?

II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

I think I know whats going on. The Detachment Campaign database as downloaded at the moment isn't up to date with current V6.0 database or DCS v6.0.x requirements. Doh! Sorry I didn't think of that when I got you onto that last night (it was very early in the morning here).

There are a number of database updates needed to bring it up to "current spec" so that both the DCS and the Mission Planer can see all the tables and fields they need to see in the DB. There are quite a few database updates and would not expect a new comer to MySQL to be able to perform manually.

Creating a query script to update the Detachment Campaign is beyond my current capabilities at the moment but that would probably be the fastest way to sort it out. I'll start looking though as I did just update my own Detachment Campaign manually and it took me a while to find all the changes needed.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

I can help next weekend.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Ok I see... Thxs guys. Looking foward to it if it's not too much trouble. I know i've been a pain in the *** lately lol ...
Riksen

Post by Riksen »

4Shades, do u have any news on the update of the Operation Detachment campaign? I dont mean to be annoying and all that, I understand u also have a life. Im just curious to know if u think such update would be possible ...

Anyway, thxs once again for the great SEOW system, I love it.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Riksen,

I have updated the first post in this thread to contain a link to download OperationDetachment v2.2 (updated to SEOW v6 format).

Unzip the file to a folder somewhere. In the folder you will see a file called index.html. Double-click it to read how to run Operation Detachment. This is a challenging campaign!

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

I was just discussing this with Hawk_5 and he made the point that Operation Detachment is actually an ideal place for SEOW beginners to start. Not because it is a simple campaign and is easy to play (it isn't), but because commanders and pilots will face, in only 13 missions, many of the important SEOW features, including:

*) Off map flights
*) Level bombing and recon
*) Naval planning
*) Carrier operations
*) Amphibious assaults
*) Freight management
*) CAP and ground attack
*) Ground operations
*) Drivable vehicles
*) Radio navigation
*) Wind and weather

It is a very good place for a squad to start learning, as the enemy opposition is laid on automatically and is very dangerous. I don't remember anyone winning this campaign at the first attempt, and some who have tried have actually LOST the campaign quite early. All players who stick with it for a few missions will actually see a very interesting and demanding campaign.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Awesome 4Shades!!!

Thxs so much ... Downloading it now. :D