SEOW Scripted Campaign - Operation Detachment v2.0

A meeting place for people running SEOW campaigns and people who want to participate in SEOW campaigns.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

SEOW Scripted Campaign - Operation Detachment v2.0

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi everyone,

Here is something new - a short but full-strength campaign designed for humans versus AI. We have trialled this at SEOW HQ and it was everything that we expect from an SEOW campaign.

This campaign is based on the historical Operation Detachment, the invasion of the Bonin Islands, principally Iwo Jima, in February 1945.

So check it out, you should be able to get it going in less than 5 minutes if you have an operating SEOW system. No template to load - the DB is pre-configured.

Operation Detachment v2.1 - changed 30 Dec 2011
Operation Detachment v2.2 - changed 27 Jan 2013

There is an extensive HTML document inside the zip file. Be warned - your commanders and pilots will need to be highly skilled and ruthlessly efficient to win.

Enjoy,
4Shades
Last edited by IV/JG7_4Shades on Sun 27 Jan 2013 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

WPO_Jones

Post by WPO_Jones »

Wow! What an exciting development for SeoW!

Are there any plans to develop similar one sided campaigns in other theatres?
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

hi Shades,
writing here too as your mail server often marks my emails as spam.

I merged your DCS...php into the MP-coopmanager.php file of the campaign; you know we need the automation on the server and the DCS remote field is already busy with it. However the new merged file works as before but it doesn't give any japanese scripted mission. Can you take a look at the right way of merging?
22GCT_Gross
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

@Jones: I might make another one if the need grabs me, but really anyone with PHP skills can write their own if they want. The Operation Detachment script provides a useful example on how to do the coding, and for certain kinds of scenarios it doesn't have to be too complex, e.g. static defenses, like siege of Kiev, Singapore, or a Murmansk convoy.

@Gross: I got your emails. I'll have a look at how to merge them. I suspect that it would be best to have a third control script that simply calls each script in turn.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Hitcher

Post by Hitcher »

I am looking forward to giving this a try on Ground Zero. Thank you!
Hitcher
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Found a bug in the SQL load - the ActionData table was showing events from the test campaign! This d/l corrects this problem:

Operation Detachment v2.1
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

gec100

Post by gec100 »

hey 4Shades,

we r now on day 6 of the OD. we did notice some anomalyties like more ded pilots than is total number of players, pilot dies twice. second time from the ship that was destroyed in the mission before, ...

is that the problems this will fix?

i see also that all table creations begin with drop. that means we need to start from the beginning.

is there a way to fix this without loosing played missions?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Try this ODcleanActionData.sql.

This will remove all the prior ActionData events from the OD campaign. Before running this script, make sure you take a backup of your ActionData table, just in case something goes wrong.

After running this script, rebuild your campign statistics.

Cheers,
4S
Last edited by IV/JG7_4Shades on Wed 04 Jan 2012 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

gec100

Post by gec100 »

thx 4S! will do that.
gec100

Post by gec100 »

few more questions while i bother u :)

in last 6 missions we encountered really small number of Japanese ground and air units. the last ground unit on the island we destroyed in 4th mission. in the 5th mission we found 4 Zeros trying to land on the island and destroyed them. that was all of the air units we found till today. The last (6th) mission was totally eventless. we landed our first ground troops on the island and tuck our first point. Still no defenses on the island.

is that normal?

second question is how do i make ADF to work and show waypoints?

thx

gec
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

No, that is not normal. Is your scripting engine actually working?

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

gec100

Post by gec100 »

do not know how to check that
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

From the Operation Detachment documentation:
3. Campaign Setup

To establish this campaign within a working SEOW installation, the following steps must be taken:

Database: create a new MySQL database and load the Operation_Detachment_v2.0.sql script found within this release archive.
MP: Associate your new MySQL database with the Iwo Jima sector, using the Databases tool within your SEOW Mission Planner
DCS Remote Scripting Engine: Copy the DCSEngine-ODv2.php file into your MP4public/Scripts folder.
DCS Remote Functions: Run your DCS, connect to your new Operation Detachment database, and enter the URL address of the DCSEngine-ODv2.php file into the "DCS Web Script URL" box on the DCS "Remote Functions" tab. Then close the DCS. Note that the database will be loaded with a URL specified for my personal system - it is unlikely that this will work on any other system so you MUST enter the correct URL for your setup.
Commander Accounts: There are default accounts for Allied (US) and Axis (Japanese) commanders in the database. There is no need for anyone to use the Axis accounts, but you may wish to add more Allied accounts before you start. You may do this by using the MP "Manage Iwo Jima Campaign" tool under the admin login (recommended), or by directly editing the database before you start the campaign.

This campaign is managed by the DCSEngine-ODv2.php file included in this release archive. This is simply a PHP script that generates Axis resistance dynamically in response to Allied actions throughout the campaign. A randomizer is included so no two campaign instances will run exactly the same.

The DCSEngine script is executed automatically by the DCS whenever a "Build" or an "Analyze" operation is completed (wait a few seconds until the DCS shows the Web service feedback message, then you can quit the DCS safely). By entering the path of the script into the DCS Remote Function field, the administrator will have all campaign operations handled directly by the SEOW system (apart from the need to update statistics after each Analyze).

The only remaining tasks are for the Allied commanders to marshal their forces, execute a beach landing at Iwo Jima and meet the victory conditions, if they are able.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

gec100

Post by gec100 »

i've did all that.

only thing i'm not sure of is the address in the "DCS Web Script URL". i've put http://gec.servebeer.com/SEOW/MP4public ... e-ODv2.php in the field
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hmm, check your ObjMissionData table. If you have 260 records with Mission_Name='OD-ZZZZ', then your script is not working correctly. This number should decrease progressively from mission to mission.

I have had a look at your OD script and from the limited tests I can do from my end it seems to be operating OK, but I cannot test the SQL behaviour without possibly overwriting things in your DB, so I am hesitant to do this.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer