Signallers question

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Riksen

Signallers question

Post by Riksen »

Hi guys ...

I have a question regarding the signalers. I'm currently using them in my campaign as the Radio trucks. They were working perfectly fine a couple of missions back but then all of the sudden their Antenna-like icon have disappeared. Not just for one but for all of them. So I looked in the DB to see what was going one but nothing has changed. The only thing that I see that could impart their ability is the weather (which is forecast to be poor) but i do not know if this is also simulated by SEOW. All of them are well supplied and have good-excellent morale .

Any ideas?
PA-Dore

Re: Signallers question

Post by PA-Dore »

Depending of your DSC settings, Signallers ability can be modified by CEM or supply:

WIKI: Just as in real life, signaller performance will depend on the combat effectiveness of the signaller unit. A high combat effectiveness will mean that the signaller will see to long distance to detect approaching enemy units, and it will report the signal with high probability of success. A low combat effectiveness will mean that the detection distance will be reduced and there will be a strong chance that the signal is not reported to HQ. Observation balloons have extended detection ranges, as do ships.

If the Combat Effectiveness Model (CEM) is not enabled for the campaign, then signaller detection ranges will be constant for each individual signaller object, and will not change with morale, fatigue, CC etc. Detection will be disabled for all signallers that run out of supply.
Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Im aware of that and checked every single unit that is supposed to be a Signaler unit and all of them are well supplied. Looking at the DB, I see that the fields Activated by and Signaler are marked as NULL and before they were correct as sentry. This happened after a Clock Advance ...

Suggestions?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Could be a bug. Copy the Signaller fields in ObjMissionData table from previous missions to the latest mission.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Thxs Shades ...

I had already fixed that one by simply doing what you just told me. I realized that for some reason the fields "Activated_By" and "Signaller" have been automatically replaced by "NULL" after the last clock advance. I suspect that some other fields in some other tables have also been replaced, which is generating the following issue for me as well after I tried to analyze the last planned mission:

Click here to see the new issue

Could this be related to the EXPORT option of the MySQL (Wamp)? Maybe my wamp version?

:?