Movment Bug in SEOW

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

StG77_CountZero

Movment Bug in SEOW

Post by StG77_CountZero »

Hello

Any news on progres on fixing Strick/Relax/Normal/Rail movment bug with units driving in one place betwen 4 waypoints on crossections in missions, even if all is planed correctly and road/rail network is correct.

Picture from PA_Dore analysis of problem and when it could be happening:

Need to use direction cosines instead of distance calculations, as 4Shades proposes should be fix, is that easy fix?

Its frustrating when units that you planed correctly dont come where they need because of this bug.

Cheers
CZ
IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: Movment Bug in SEOW

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes, that is the correct diagnosis. I will work on a fix.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

PA-Dore

Re: Movment Bug in SEOW

Post by PA-Dore »

Trigonometry could be a solution, in the pass, I tried to build an algorith using distance + direction. It seemed difficult for me (but Mike is so experten!)
I thought about another way: Draw the FMB waypoints at the same time from the first point and the last one decreasing the distance, then choose the best angle (trigonometry) between WP(2) and WP (n-1). I'm not sure if it's better or not....

Why trigonometry could be dangerous:

WP 1, 2, 3, 10, 11 seem in the right direction but it's a wrong road...
Using WP 1, 7, 2, 6, 3, 5 will reduce the issues and allow only 2 WP ordered in the Mission Planner
(I note that humans do that when they follow a roadmap)