How to add a Seabase

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Tabarnak

How to add a Seabase

Post by Tabarnak »

Hi all,

I would add a seaplane base that does not exist in the original map that I would like to use for my next campaign :

1. Is it possible ?
2. How to add the seabase in the campaign template with the FMB ? Do i have to use an object "Test Runway N" (Stationary Ship) at the correct position and direction ?
3. How to add seaplanes to the new seabase in the FMB ? Insert aircraft objects with correct characteristics and landing point to the new seabase ?
4. How to add seabase in SEOW ? Insert a new entry in the table "Airbases" in SEDB with a correct "Airbase_Layouts" for a Seaplane base (+2000, cf. http://seowhq.net/seowwiki-en/index.php ... se_Layouts) at the position of the new seabase inserted in the FMB ? What is the procedure in SEDB to add the seaplanes to this new seabase ?

Note : In my SEDB database, i just have the layouts that are used for my map in the table "Airbase_Layouts" : Do i have to retreive the other layouts in the complete SEDB database which contains all information required to run campaigns in all supported sectors ?

Thank you in advance.

Tab
IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: How to add a Seabase

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Tab,

1. Define the landing and takeoff coords etc for your new seaplane base in the Airbases table. Use a seaplane base layout type, e.g. > 2000.
2. Ensure that the layout you use is defined in your Airbase_Layouts table. Copy it in from the ReferenceDB or from another sectorDB, or create your own layout.
3. Open your MP map and inspect your new base to make sure that it is reading the Airbase record properly.
4. In FMB add seaplanes to land at your new landing point. Save your template.
5. Edit the template in Notepad to get your landing point coords the same as in Airbases table.
6. Initialize template using DCS.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Tabarnak

Re: How to add a Seabase

Post by Tabarnak »

Hi Shades,

your procedure works fine, thank you very much :wink:

Cheers,

Tab