Channel 42 Map Allied Airfields

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Kopfdorfer

Channel 42 Map Allied Airfields

Post by Kopfdorfer »

Hey All,

I wasn't sure whether this belonged here or in the Community Forum.
Please move the thread if it is warranted.
There is every chance that the answer to this query is commonly understood , so apologies if it is.

I was examining the Channel 42 Map for future campaign consideration and I discovered an anomaly in terms of
the map data in the Mission Planner .

In the Airbase list on the Sector Page , there are by my count 14 airfields , that do not show up on the "Whole 1942 Sector"
and "Whole 1942 Sector HD" maps. Now these maps are on the map , and indeed , when selected in the Choose Airbase
Tab on the Sector Page , they show up. Yet there is no Airbase flag for them on the Sector Maps in the MP.
I expect that the airfields were included in the Channel 42 map but not activated by the map maker , and this is the origin of the
discrepancy.

Again , I suspect the answer is obvious - just not to me.
Are these Airbases functional in the SEOW context ?
If not , what is necessary to make them so ?

Airfields in question are , as far as I can ascertain :
Croydon , Eastchurch , Fairlop , Friston , Gatwick , Heston , Honington , Middle Wallop , Shoreham , Stapleford Tawney ,
Thorney Island , Thruxton , Wattisham , Westhampnett .

Kopfdorfer
PA-Dore

Re: Channel 42 Map Allied Airfields

Post by PA-Dore »

Hello Kopfdorfer,

Just modify in your Campaign_Settings table, the value Temporary_Airbases = 1.
In this map (and usually I do it) all grass airfields are considered as temporary airbases (Airabase Layout >1000), campaign builders can set it as they want ^^
But, you 're true, it seems that some 6 airbases are missing (Fairlop,Friston, Gatwick , Heston, Thorney Island, Thruxton). I don't know why, I had them in my old database. It's easy to add them in the Airbases table.
Cheers!
Kopfdorfer

Post by Kopfdorfer »

Again I am sure the answer to the next question is obvious , just not to me.
Examining the SEOW Wiki page "SE Airbase Layouts" , layouts are listed
all the way up to Layout #2008.
I downloaded the PDF (SEOW_Airbase_Layouts_V2) detailing airbase layouts ,
and the highest layout included is # 299.
Where can I find the other layouts ?

Kopfdorfer
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Hello Kopfdorfer ^^

Yes this pdf is an old one...

I checked the Channel 1942 airbases data: In the SEDB73, there are only 94 airbases from the first map (2009)
Here, you will find my original file (101 airbases from map of 2012): http://www.derrierloisirs.fr/seow/Chann ... rbases.rar
Empty your Channel 1942 Airbases table and import the previous file (Format CSV via LOAD DATA)

There is no issue in the SEDB73 Airbases_Layouts table, all layouts are recorded.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Thanks JP, I have replaced the Channel 42 airbases data with the data in that csv file in my SEDB74 database (to be released soon). I don't know how I missed this before.

And Kopfdorfer, the airbases pdf is old now so it will not contain images of every defined type of airbase. But the principles of how to set up layouts are still valid.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer