New Sector: Provence and Italy, by Spit973 and Dore

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

New Sector: Provence and Italy, by Spit973 and Dore

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Dore has just sent me files to support operations in the Provence (southern France) and Italy sector. These correspond to a map made by Spit973, and works fine with HSFX7. I have incorporated this information into SEOW for the next release. Let me know if you'd like to get hold of it sooner.

Thanks to Dore and Spit973.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Kopfdorfer

Re: New Sector: Provence and Italy, by Spit973 and Dore

Post by Kopfdorfer »

Congrats Guys,

Nice Campaign Map and Area.
As a Canadian I can't help grumble to myself that Ortona is not on the Map (Adriatic Coast anchor of the Gothic Line).
It was important to the Axis and to the Allies for this reason , and the reason that it was the next usable port on that coast to Bari -
a long way away.
The Germans sent their best units to defend it - 1st Fallschirmjaeger , 90th Panzergrenadier , and 26th Panzer Divisions.
General Alexander sent the 1st Canadian Corps to take it.
In December 1943 the Germans called Ortona "Little Stalingrad" as a reference to the savagerie of the street fighting , where
Canadian units "mouseholed" ( using shaped charges to move through the townhouse walls building to building) rather than to risk
the withering defeinsive fire in the narrow Italian streets.

Kopfdorfer