Requirements

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

wheelsup_cavu

Requirements

Post by wheelsup_cavu »

What is then base game I use for SEOW to function?
Do I use the IL-2 server files or the full game version of IL-2?
It is not covered in the wiki and I can't find that information searching the forums.
Requirements: http://seowhq.net/seowwiki-en/index.php ... quirements

Wheels
Cheers :)

IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: Requirements

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Wheels,

HSFX is the only IL-2 version that offers the functionality extensions that were specifically designed for SEOW. The version you need is HSFX v7.0.3 which installs on top of TD v4.12.2m. Of course TD has moved a couple of revisions beyond that state, but TD has not included the special HSFX extensions for SEOW in their recent work so the later TD versions are not useful/relevant in this context.

Server or full game?
SEOW is coop-based and must be run using the full game as a coop host.

What are the special extensions for SEOW? Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

wheelsup_cavu

Post by wheelsup_cavu »

Thank you for confirming that I needed to use the full game version 4Shades. I have looked and suspected as such but unfortunately I never came across any threads or anything in the wiki, even though it may exist, that confirmed those suspicions.

Thank you for the other items you linked for me to read. I will be reading those over the long holiday weekend. 8)

Wheels
Cheers :)

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Enjoy! Drop by SEOW HQ Teamspeak server for a chat if you see me on mornings/evenings. It may help you save some time - SEOW is pretty feature-rich.

SEOW HQ Home page with TS display

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer