MP AutoUpdater FAQ

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

No457_Squog

MP AutoUpdater FAQ

Post by No457_Squog »

Frequently Asked Questions regarding the MP AutoUpdater
  1. Where is the download link for the MP AutoUpdater?

At that start of this topic.
  2. Is the MP AutoUpdater compatible with Windows 7 64-bit?

Yes - The MP AutoUpdater is based on a program called "CVSNT" which supports Windows 7 and 64-bit Operating Systems.
    Please ensure you run the setup "As Administrator".
  3. The MP AutoUpdater program just sits there saying

Code: Select all

cvs update: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password
    Sometimes the MP AutoUpdater has 'issues' with a pre-existing MP installation that it's trying to update. Extract your MP-Configuration.php & MP-Connections.php files and remove the entire MP4public directory. When you run the MP AutoUpdater again it will download a fresh & complete copy from the repository.
  4. At the end of the installation, I'm getting a "runtime error" and I don't have a net shortcut on my desktop!?

This occurs because the installer didn't have enough privelidges to create a shortcut on your desktop. Re-run the installer using the "Run as Administrator" option.
  5. When running the MP AutoUpdater for the first time I'm presented with a window that is requesting I make a donation! I don't want to make a donation and there's only an OK button!

There's a little "x" button at the top-right of the window. Press that and CVSNT won't bug you about donations again!
  6. When opening the MP in a browser, I'm presented with this:

Code: Select all

Trying to get property of non-object in C:\....\MP4\Scripts\MP-SQL.php on line ....
    Fatal error: Call to a member function Close() on a non-object...
    This error indicates that the DB doesn't have a piece of information that the MP requires. Updating your default DB should resolve the issue.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: MP AutoUpdater FAQ

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Due to applications decisions by Sourceforge, where the SEOW source code is stored, has meant that the CVS system is no longer supported. Hence Squog's excellent autoupdater for the Mission Planner is no longer valid for the latest version of the SEOW software. Sourceforge now only supports Git or SVN. I have chosen to create the SEOW software suite as SVN repositories. I have created a topic to cover the new SVN arrangements as a new announcement in this Forum.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer