Setup SEOW Radar from local machine to remote SEOW webserver

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

VF-51_Cobraj

Setup SEOW Radar from local machine to remote SEOW webserver

Post by VF-51_Cobraj »

Courtesy of Air Group 51 / AG-51 Hawg

www.AirGroup51.net

Courtesy of AG-51 Hawg

SEOW Radar from local machine game host to remote SEOW webserver.

Prerequisites; The assumption is you will need to move file from Computer A to Server B on a continual basis for some period of time. Most of the instruction that follows is going to be done on Computer A. Server B will need to have either "SSH" or "FTP" enabled with a user account that is “homed” to the directory that you will ultimately need your file moved to. If this is not the case then your file will make it to the server but will not be used in the manner you expect, that is to say they won't be used at all.

You will need to download and install a copy of WinSCP from
http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

I would recommend getting the latest non-beta version available.

Install using all the default settings then launch the program.

The fist thing you will need to do is set the local directory. On the left you will see Environment listed and beneath that you should see Directories. Click Directories and you want to point the Local Directory to wherever your flies are coming from on Computer A

The second thing you will need to do is create a new connection profile. So click on the New button.

Put in the name or IP of the destination where you would like to move files. Following the example this would be the name or IP of Server B.

Then you will need to enter the user name and password for SSH or FTP . If your using SSH you can click SAVE. Save the session as session1. Note if you use another session name the scrip we write later will need to be modified accordingly.

Next you will have to browse to the WinSCP application folder. Typically this will be C:\Program Files\WinSCP . Create a new text document and type the following;

open session1
synchronize remote
exit

Save your text file as remote.txt

Now we have to schedule WinSCP to push this info up to the Server B. With Windows XP you can schedule this to run ever minute. With Windows7 and probably Vista I think the best you can get is every 5 minutes but I am not 100% certain.

The directions for XP are here ;
Follow these directions however when you select a program you want to use WinSCP.exe not PHP.exe as in the example.

NOTE you will have to provide the scheduler with a windows account on your machine that has a PASSWORD and is preferably a member of the Administrators group. I have tried it with account with blank passwords and it never seems to work.

http://support.qualityunit.com/knowledg ... ndows.html

Now you should have WinSCP set up to run every minute on what ever schedule you like.

The last thing we need to do is call that script we made earlier. So go back to Scheduled Tasks window.

If you closed it you can find it through START → Programs → Accessories → System Tools → Scheduled Tasks. Then add the following to the end for your Run command.

/script=remote.txt

You run command needs to look similar to this;

“C:\Program Files\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe” /script=remote.txt

You can test it by right clicking on the job in Scheduled Tasks and selecting Run.

When setting up your "Scheduled Tasks" you can set the time to a couple hours before you normaly fly and set duration to 5 or more hours.

FYI, you do have to purge or delete copies of the files made in your game install in RadarLogs folder and delete files on the server before running your next mission.

Works great for us! Enjoy.
Regards,

Air Group 51 / 51 Group, CO
=Cobraj=

www.airgroup51.net
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

+1

Nah, dammit, +5

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

[URU]BlackFox

Post by [URU]BlackFox »

This info is awesome. I haven't used radar till now mainly because of not having a dedicated server to host the campaigns.
VF-51_Cobraj

Post by VF-51_Cobraj »

I'm so glad everyone can use this and find it a worthy solution. We found this to be an issue for the community and are more then willing to share. Our Campiagn in Ground Zero on Channel 1940 map won't be the same without radar. As planes and other objects progress in this sim, radar will be considered a standard. We have developed a mod inwhich all the 1956 Jets and planes are now flyable in HSFX. It is an all inclusive mod which has a large list of mods like History Mod and ExpertMode. Are plan is to run a Korea or Manchurian map campaign using these new jets, planes, and objects. All the new planes and weapons tables will have to be added to for these to be planned in SEOW MP.

Shades is their just those 2 tables to add planes and weapons to SEOW MP?

LOL, I was looking for this post to see if anyone replied and couldn't find it. I finally did and I must say it is an honor to be made a sticky!!

SEOW live on!
Regards,

=Cobraj=

www.airgroup51.net
VF-51_Cobraj

Post by VF-51_Cobraj »

Shades,

Is it possible to lock access to the servers "RadarLogs" folder after a mission has been analyzed in DCS, and then open access to the folder when a mission is being generated in DCS? Also, after the mission is generated the files in "RadarLogs" folder on the server can be deleted. Could these be setup to run automatically through a hidden process in DCS?

I know this would be a blessing for me because I have to delete the files in the games folder then open my FTP program and delete the files on the servers folder. Maybe add a "RadarLogs" folder to your new MP4public install. Set the location in configure (forget the name now) so it is setup already as a default. The host server will still have to remember to delete his games RadarLogs files. UNLESS!!! DCS can do that also in a process after setting up a NEW field in file tabs where you can set a default location for your servers "RadarLogs" folder??? Hmm.. Possible bud? Hope I explained it ok.
Regards,

=Cobraj=

www.airgroup51.net
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Cobraj,

Adding new planes/objects means you will have to edit the following DB tables:

Object_Specifications
Object_Costs
AircraftLoadout
Convoys_Trains (if you have added/changed trains)
Convoys_Vehicles (if you have added/changed vehicle columns)

If you want your RadarLogs folder to be cleared every time you run the DCS, you can simply write a PHP script to do this and place the script address in the Web Script URL field of the DCS Remote Functions tab.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

VF-51_Cobraj

Post by VF-51_Cobraj »

Good morning and thank you very much for the response and info.
Regards,

=Cobraj=

www.airgroup51.net
102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

VF-51_Cobraj wrote:We have developed a mod inwhich all the 1956 Jets and planes are now flyable in HSFX. It is an all inclusive mod which has a large list of mods like History Mod and ExpertMode.
SEOW live on!
hi mate,

are you in contact with Charlie with regard to this mod ? HSFX is being developed continually, it would be nice if this "integration" you've done could be integrated in new HSFX ?

cheers
VF-51_Cobraj

Post by VF-51_Cobraj »

Maybe I overstated it a little. It is a compile switch that runs in HSFX which includes WIP mods on SAS, here is the list.
A-1H Skyraider ‘Buddy Tanker’ (AI only)
F-86A5
F-86E10
F-86F25E
F-86F25L
F-86F30
F-86F40
F-86K
SabreMk31
SabreMk32
FJ3M_Fury
MiG-15(bis)
MiG-15(bis)late
MiG-15SB
MiG-17A
MiG-17F
MiG-17AS
MiG-17PF

F84G3_ThunderJet
KB_29P (AI only) <<<Fuel Air Tanker for F84G3

AD-4
A-1H
A-1J

LiberatorGR.V

T_33 <<Nice 2 seat trainer plane
F8F-2             
F8F-2Racer

It is a huge Mod switch of 1.6gigs on disk, just takes some time to load. It isn't hard at all to add these and I built it to test and then run in our next Campiagn.
Regards,

=Cobraj=

www.airgroup51.net
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

I found a less tech sav-vy way to sync remote servers

http://allwaysync.com/

Limited to once per minute but does come in an 64bit variety

Deleting local copy deletes remote so that is nice.

Found the interface confusing but got it going in an hour

I had a few problems with file permissions being set wrong after I upload the MP so if your installation does not work make sure your scripts for the radar have execute permission.
Turns out it was an IE problem not a website problem. New versions of IE have local calls disabled so I had to set it up as a trusted site in the browser options. Local hosts are trusted by default.

This is what my configuration file path looks like.

"/home2/zoipoine/public_html/SEOW/MP4public/Radar/RadarLogs/";
Last edited by Zoi on Thu 19 Jan 2012 4:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Could someone please show me what the address for the radar folder on the remote host should look like in the MP configuration file.
The MP needs to access local files, not remote ones, so the $RadarLocation parameter in MP-Configuration.php should point to a local folder (local to the MP that is).

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=69.GIAP=VLADI

Post by =69.GIAP=VLADI »

Hi all

we are trying to set up a korea campaign, and we have the games and webserver seperated as well.
I tried with allwaysync, but as is only able to sync once in a minute, I was not very happy with it, allthough it worked.
Then I found "Multi FTP Sync" http://www.coolmasoft.com/MultiFtpSync.htm which does the job perfectly, it syncs as soon as a file change is detected.
Therefore the radar screen is much more fluid.

=69.GIAP=VLADI
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Thanks Vladi
VF-51_Cobraj

Post by VF-51_Cobraj »

That program works great! Just make sure you have PASV mode checked or it doesn't delete the server file when local file is deleted. Works great, just might buy it.

Outstanding find Vladi!! Thank you for sharing!!
Regards,

=Cobraj=

www.airgroup51.net