Westfront 40 Map

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

II/JG77Hawk_5

Westfront 40 Map

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

Hi all,
is anyone already working on a MP for this? JP?

If not I'll start work as I don't want to see a duplication of work going on.

A lot of data capture but this is a beatiful map that deserves to come in and really does replace the old France map which is no longer in HSFX 6 and really was just a work in progress anyway.
Maybe this should just replace the France sector MP although I am aware of the strong desire to keep previous work in the SEOW system.

The JG26 Battle of France campaign would have been so much better if SEOW had this map at the time. Much of what was needed in the MP for a large scale campaign in this sector was learned which I would like to implement in the new sector.

Cheers,
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Bonjour Hawk ^^

No I didn't capture WestFront1940. If you want to do it, I can give you all my files from WestFront1944, MP graphics, mis files... Many datas are identical. GilB57 said that only some roads, railways, bridges and airbases are different.
This could give a homogeneity to these sectors (1940 + 1944).

You can just change the map name in the mis files and then just modify/remove some datas.

France and France online maps are removed in HSFX6.0, I guess we will remove them from SEOW.

For info: My work in progress:
- Donbass (done)
- New Channel 1942 MP + database (Cat modifications) (95% done)
- New Channel 1940 (MP) (done)
- Khalkhin Gol Expanded (90% done)
http://www.france-seow.fr/MP4public/Scripts/default.php
admin/password
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

Thanks JP that would be great and save a lot of time.

It would be good to keep to your MP style and only make additions/subtractions where there are map differences.

Thanks for your MP work update. It has been a long time since I did some MP creation but will be good to get this one into the system as well.

Cheers,
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

Bump

Just a reminder that this IS being worked on and admit that I am taking it slow.
It is a big map and ALOT of towns and airfields that are unique. It is underway and I have a basic working version in progress on my system.

Cheers,
=gRiJ=Petr

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

Thanks for the effort! Looking forward to this map in SEOW!

Cheers,
Petr
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

Hi All,

I just want to reserve airfield layout numbers 629 to 712 for Westfront 40. I just realised that new maps are being captured and just want to request this before double ups occur.
I hope this hasn't created a problem for you JP as I know you have started on Moscow. I have created more than 20 or so for Westfront 40 so far from 629 onwards but there are 83 or so airfields and they are almost all unique. Illness is creating a big delay for me on working on this sorry. I hope to continue once I improve.

Cheers,
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

No pb for me Hawk, I have reserved your numbers, perhaps have you to reserve some temporary layouts numbers?

http://wiki-seow-en.swil.fr/index.php/S ... se_Layouts
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

Maybe. I have had a good think about using temporary airfields but I look at this map as being active in not just military airfields but active civilian ones also as its the scene just before active war is upon the area.

I should probably place a reserve on a number of temporary airfields just in case.
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

In the WestFront44 SEOW map, by convention I used to set grass airfields as temporary airbases, all others are concrete airbases. Admin can change these as they want by changing the airbase layout number.
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

Yes I saw that in Westfront 44 with the grass fields, however in 40 all of the airfields are grass (with the exception of Essen) so there is no defining factor on how to determine a temporary airfield. If I recall almost all if not every airfield has buildings which makes them appear more permanent. I believe some were glider airfields historically and are quite short. I do a bit of a search in Google when doing the airfield layout to see when and who used it if possible. I may set some of the very short ones as temporary as they are limited in functionality.
JG26_Badger

Re: Westfront 40 Map

Post by JG26_Badger »

This project is finally completed. And all the files have all been sent to 4shades for his review. Here is a view of the front page of the misssion planner as a preview of the release.

Enjoy,
JG26_Badger
Attachments
WestFront40_intel.jpg
WestFront40_intel.jpg (268.19 KiB) Viewed 7890 times
StG77_CountZero

Re: Westfront 40 Map

Post by StG77_CountZero »

Nice, good job