Bug Reports: SEDB60, MP4 v6.0.0, SEDCS v6.0.1

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

This is a subtle issue that was introduced with the Delegation modes. I need a solid block of time to get into the code and develop an alternative code set.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Yes Hawk, it's a mysterious issue, Shades is working on it since a couple of weeks...
A graphical area is completly inactive (the scroll bar too). The size of this dead zone could be small (only 1 or 2 orders unselectable) or sometimes very large (10 or more orders unselectable)
The Logistics --> Organizational --> List all forces / Supply Budget is often inactive.

I have just saw that if we remove all supply units (trains, ships, supply units...), the issue disappears...

[oups EDIT] I did not saw the Shades'answer [EDIT]
Classic_EAF19

Post by Classic_EAF19 »

I have also noticed the problem relating to selecting flights but have found that if you move the mouse around the target area you will find the bit you need to click on ie. there is a pixel nearby that will work :)

Is it intended that as a planner we cannot change loadouts after planning the mission? ie. I select a flight and click the briefing options button to change the brief and in the popup we used to be able to change the briefing, number of aircraft, fuel load, ordnance load and flight secrecy status but with the 6.0.40 MP on 22GCT I cannot change the weapons load it shows me the loadout and in brackets states 'fixed' so if I want to change a loadout I must cancel the mission and re plan the flight entirely, is that intended?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Fixed loadouts only apply to supply drop flights, paratroop assaults and recon flights, as I remember.

There was a recent bug in the loadout part of the Scheduled Mission Variation Tool, but I have fixed this.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

I think I fixed the SchedMissions bug that has plagued us for a while. If I am correct, the problem was indirectly related to presence/absence of engineer units, and also to the length of unit names in the Scheduled Missions list. Introduced during code changes for Delegation Modes. Very difficult to find but once identified very easy to fix.

MP4public v6.0.44
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Super! Je vais dormir maintenant sur mes 2 oreilles ("Now I will sleep on both ears".) It was a very hard issue to find! Bravo^^
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

And now, final units orientation is automatically set according with final segment! Great improvement! Thanks
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

Possible supply drop limit bug?

Pelican campaign had supply drop limit set to 0 and that appeared in campaign settings as "unlimited" but when attempting to create a new supply drop it came back with a message saying that supply drop limit had been reached (0).
Is there a special value for unlimited other than zero? I can imagine that there may be a campaign requirement that there be no supply drops only supply convoys and the like.

I have set drop limit to 100 temporarily as I would prefer we introduced a limit anyway but noted this for a closer look.

Cheers,

Note.
Thinking about this made me realise that you could indeed have a campaign with zero supply drops and use only preset supply dumps. This can be acheived in current release by using the Railway_Stations table. Create a supply dump at X and Y co-ordinates and in template just place an appropriate supply object like the large dumps and crates etc on the map there. Add this supply dump name to the Railway_Stations table and it will appear as a known and fixed facility for all to see but it will have ability to be drawn from and topped up. A warehouse in a town could also be used but you get the idea.

If this functions ok and as its using the same code, it could be tweaked so this could be made permanent so it has its own unique icon and ability to be constructed/destroyed by engineers and only detected by spies and recon. The basic idea is possible now though.

Its very close to a supply drop I know but it has the added ability to use a fixed object either already in map or added in template or later and take advantage of those supply dump objects. It could be used with very limited supply drops and forward supply dumps set up in a town or close to the front that supply units make trips back and forth from. Another added level of detail to supply system and an attractive target for ground attack.

Think Tiger tanks led by a fanatic using their last drops of fuel trying to capture that critical supply dump so they can continue their offensive. Hmm, sounds familiar...

For the lovers of micro management and demanding supply conditions.