New Release: SEOW v7.0

Listings of the official release notes for SEOW system releases.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

New Release: SEOW v7.0

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

We are delighted to announce a brand new SEOW release that is compatible with HSFX7.0.1 and TD4.12.2. To reduce confusion amongst users about the relationship between SEOW and HSFX, I have decided to badge this SEOW release as "v7.0", which is congruent with the current HSFX release number.

As was the case for SEOW v6.0, this time around there have been thousands of code fixes, improvements and many important feature additions. SEOW is now a fully fledged strategic war game (but it is still free and open source), and it is also fully compatible with IL-2 coop mission mode. We believe that SEOW is the best and most realistic WW2 strategic/tactical campaign engine around, and certainly the only one around that combines simming and wargaming at this level.

Many people need thanking for the changes and testing going into SEOW v7.0. I will mention just a few of the major figures behind the scenes (in no particular order):

Charlie
Hawk_5
Brandle
Devill
Gross
Emil
Dore
Katana
Ikey
Badger
Luny
Petr
Warg
Tanker
Cmirko
Scannon
Armwaar

All of these guys have spent countless hours developing, testing, probing, questioning and playing. They all deserve thanks and respect as do many others that I haven't mentioned.

Now to the software. As always, you can download it from https://sourceforge.net/projects/seow/files/. There are three components to get (if you want to build your own SEOW server):

Mission Planner: MP4public v7.0.0 (semp folder)
DCS: SEDCSv7.0.0 (sedcs folder)
Database: SEDB70 (sedb folder)

SEOW Technics Mod
This version of SEOW assumes that particular technics.ini and rocket.ini files are being used with HSFX7. The technics.ini files can be found inside the MP zip file (Technics folder) and were put together by Charlie, Brandle, Emil and others.

There are two technics flavours supplied, tagged in SEOW by names "Street" (Charlie/Brandle et alia) and "Steppe" (Emil). These two flavours are for short-range and long-range engagements, respectively, and are intended to be used in associated campaign scenarios. SEDB70 includes Object_Specifications tables synchronized with each version, so you can easily swap the one you prefer into place for whatever campaign style you are running. Or you can customize your own technics file to suit you needs, usnig the SEOW Technics Editor tool.

We invite people to try these technics files with HSFX7 and give us feedback.

Quick Overview
In addition to all the previous functionality, SEOW now:
*) supports 85 different sectors
*) supports all aircraft, ground and sea objects defined in TD4.12.2 and HSFX7.0, with the exception of vehicle columns with more than 32 members
*) provides a detailed combat effectiveness model for ground units based on the TD4.12 ground skill features (SEOW HQ team)
*) includes an advanced espionage model for spy infiltration
*) supports entrenchments and ground unit formations (Devill)
*) has solid Ajax support and enhanced user interface features for more rapid planning - well play-tested in recent heavy public campaigns
*) supports multiple exclusion zones
*) supports deep submerge states for submarines
*) enhances recon decay models for moving units
*) supports TD4.12 Chief endpoint logging
*) supports new icon sets for ground units (Petr)
*) new DCS icon (Riksen)

and much much more.

Enjoy!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

congratulations mates !

S!

p.s. hm I can't seem to find new MP and DB on sourceforge ? have the files finished uploading ? :)
Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Nice one developers!

Thank you again for this amazing tool and im sorry if i couldnt contribute to it as much as i wish i could be i do love everything just the it is....

Thank u thank u and thank u!!!!
ViFF

Post by ViFF »

Thanks for all the work!

Is there now support for pilots scoring when successfully hitting factory plates with bombs?

Cheers,
IAF.ViFF
Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community website:
www.preflight.us
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi ViFF, no not yet, but it is on the list.
Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Congratulations Mike, once more you extended the seow life.

I see you have deprecated the $STRICTDELEGATIONS parameter.
How is going to be handled into 7 version?
22GCT_Gross
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Yes a very high step for SEOW. Many thanks!

Here is a new feature:

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Gross,

The Command Delegation Mode is now a campaign setting, controlled via DCS on the Territorial Control tab. It has a tri-state checkbox (there are several tri-state checkboxes in DCS v7) and the selected state is stored in a new field in Campaign_Settings table.

Previously the Delegation mode was set in the MP and was therefore universal for all campaigns - not always convenient. Now that Delegation is well tested I have moved it into the DB.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Hello Mike, just a hint for seow administrators.
This is not from seow7, it has always been there.

In the Sector_Season table every "Campaign_Sector" is linked to the corresponding "Summer_Map" and "Winter_Map" map string as defined into IL2.
Currently there is one special case where three sectors are linked to the same map, sorted as follows:

Code: Select all

Campaign_Region	Campaign_Sector	      Summer_Map
Mediterranean	  Mediterranean	        vol_ItalyAfricaGreece/vol_ita_load.ini
Mediterranean	  Italy_Greece	         vol_ItalyAfricaGreece/vol_ita_load.ini
Mediterranean	  Italy_Africa_Greece	  vol_ItalyAfricaGreece/vol_ita_load.ini
When the admin performs the Mediterranean campaign initialization, the SEDCS code does not loop into the 3 records with the same map string to find the right one, but it merely looks at the first Mediterranean occurrence in the "Campaign_Sector" field.
So, if you are going to initialize any of that campaign sectors, the SEDCS will work assuming that your campaign Sector is "Mediterranean", regardless you wanted to use the "Italy_Greece" or the "Italy_Africa_Greece" campaign Sector.

The work around is deleting the two records you dont need from the Sector_Season table BEFORE initializing.
22GCT_Gross
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

Congratrulations 4Shades on a fantastic job in the release of SEOW 7.
Once again going above and beyond in improving SEOW to new heights in IL2 wargaming.
Many thanks to all contributors as well in helping assemble such a great update to the SEOW system.

I know I'm looking forward to using all the new features in our campaigns!

Cheers,
Hawk_5
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey »

Many thanks for the hard yards 4Shades, I sometimes wonder where I'd be with out you.
II/JG77Hawk_5 wrote:
I know I'm looking forward to using all the new features in our campaigns!

Your arch nemesis says it really wont do you any good anyway !
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Guys,

Be aware that various minor bugs are being worked through, so the DCS and MP versions are being updated at the moment.

Use the MPAutoUpdater to keep up to speed. DCS is at v7.0.3 right now.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

DCS 7.0.6 with fixes for fractional litre supply usage (Badger/Scannon), recon reduction due to movement (Petr), clearer industrial repair options (Gross) etc.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Riksen

Delegations

Post by Riksen »

Hello again friends,

A quick question with an hopefully easy answer ... How does the delegations feature work and how to set it up in a on going campaign?

Thxs all for this amazing version
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer