New Release: SEDCS v6.0.1, SEDB60, MP4 v6.0.0

Listings of the official release notes for SEOW system releases.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

New Release: SEDCS v6.0.1, SEDB60, MP4 v6.0.0

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Finally, after much travail, we are pleased to announce a brand new SEOW release that is compatible with HSFX6 and TD4.11.1. To reduce confusion amongst users about the relationship between SEOW and HSFX, I have decided to badge this SEOW release as "v6.0", which is congruent with the current HSFX release number.

There have been hundreds of changes since the last major SEOW release and I won't try to detail them here. The changes are deep and far-reaching, and there is a closer code-driven relationship with HSFX now, via coordination of combat parameters inside the HSFX game code (e.g. technics, rockets, ships, loadouts, regiments etc). Hopefully this translates into a more reliable SEOW campaigning experience than ever.

Many people need thanking for the changes and testing going into SEOW v6.0. I will mention just a few of the major figures behind the scenes (in no particular order):
  • Charlie
    Hawk_5
    Brandle
    Devill
    Gross
    Emil
    Dore
    Katana
    Ikey
    Badger
    Luny
    Sjonnie
    Zoi
All of these guys have spent countless hours developing, testing, probing, questioning and playing. They all deserve thanks and respect as do many others that I haven't mentioned.

Now to the software. As always, you can download it from https://sourceforge.net/projects/seow/files/. There are three components to get (if you want to build your own SEOW server):

Mission Planner: MP4public v6.0.0 (semp folder)
DCS: SEDCSv6.0.1 (sedcs folder)
Database: SEDB60 (sedb folder)

SEOW Technics Mod
This version of SEOW assumes that particular technics.ini and rocket.ini files are being used with HSFX6. The technics.ini file can be found inside the MP zip file (Technics folder) and was put together by Emil, with a few modifications from myself giving support for indirect fire mode. We invite people to try this technics file with HSFX6 and give us feedback. If people like it we will try to have it included as an official HSFX mod option.

Quick Overview
In addition to all the previous functionality, SEOW now:
*) supports 77 different sectors
*) supports all aircraft, ground and sea objects defined in TD4.11.1 and HSFX6.0
*) handles indirect-fire artillery barrages
*) tracks and manages vehicle columns and trains with up to 32 members including effects of partial damage
*) incorporates a tool for displaying and analyzing technics files and exporting results as SQL commands for updating the SEOW database
*) supports radio-controlled runway lights
*) calculates and displays crew losses for all air, sea and ground combat units
*) supports all aircraft loadout combinations, with the ability to limit fuel loads per individual weapons loadout
*) displays artillery firing arc data on-map
*) allows units to be renamed arbitrarily
and much much more.

Enjoy!
Last edited by IV/JG7_4Shades on Sat 24 Nov 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Awesome and Thank you!

Can you check the MP download folder? It appears to be empty:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/seow/files/
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

full for me
VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Yes, it was added after I posted. I just happened to see the announcement soon after the release notification was post. Thanks again.
102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

congrats 4Shades :)

cheers!
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

MP Autoupdater worked a treat for me! Awesome!
Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Thanks!
F/JG300_hammel

Post by F/JG300_hammel »

Thanks!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

DCS v6.0.2 released in response to Zoi's bug reports. A DB fix is required to enable use of SEDB60 databases with DCS v6.0.2, see http://seowhq.net/seowforum/viewtopic.php?t=945.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

Love the new mission editing in the MP and I see several other great new feature, amazing work Shades.
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:DCS v6.0.2 released in response to Zoi's bug reports. A DB fix is required to enable use of SEDB60 databases with DCS v6.0.2, see http://seowhq.net/seowforum/viewtopic.php?t=945.

Cheers,
4Shades
The site seems down at the moment.
Is there a direct link or mirror?
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Ok tried out and found this direct link to be working:
http://netcologne.dl.sourceforge.net/pr ... v6.0.2.zip
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

A new DCS version has been released: v6.0.3

This version does not require any new changes to DB structure, so it will slot in for 6.0.2 very easily.

Changes:

*) Hard-coded bounds on jump altitudes for paratrooper assaults. Now, assaults must take place between 300 - 1500 m altitude. Lower or higher will result in loss of ALL paratrooper units deployed in the jump.
*) Bug corrrected in Overwhelming Force algorithm
*) New "Undo" tool for undoing Build/Analyze operations. This works OK in emergencies, but is not 100% safe as it cannot account for supply and industrial production changes perfectly accurately.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

I just copied my SEDCS6.0.2.exe.config into the new version is that ok?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes, there have been no changes in the config file.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer