New in SEOW 3.1.0: How to resupply your forces

Primary feature documentation from the SEOW Development Team.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

eric963

Oversupply?

Post by eric963 »

Anything built into SEOW to prevent an airfield from getting oversupplied?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

eric963

Factory Smoke

Post by eric963 »

Did I read somewhere that if a factory is producing something that there is smoke coming out of it or was I dreaming?

Thanks again!!

Eric
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Factory smokes are not enabled at this stage, so you were dreaming!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

eric963

Supply Columns

Post by eric963 »

If 1 unit in a supply column is destroyed will the whole column be registered as destroyed?

Eric
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

For now, yes.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

eric963

Post by eric963 »

Ok, thanks again. I think I have enough info now to start working on my template. Thanks for all the info.

Eric
FSNS_Otto

Post by FSNS_Otto »

What if there are no fuel dumps in AF or city - can you add them manually into map so that it is properly used by generator & MB ?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

You can add new records to the Industrial_Installations table to represent fuel dumps and factories. These can be located anywhere you like. AI aircraft will target them in the usual way. However, for the benefit of human pilots, it creating such installations where there are no buildings or other appropriate infrastructure, it is best to add Scenery to your template to indicate the presence of the new installation.

E.g., if you want a new fuel dump on the open steppe north of Znamensk in the Stalingrad map, make sure you place a few large fuel tank scenery objects right where your new fuel dump is defined to be, so the nasty enemy pilots can find it and bomb it.

When using Scenery objects, note that SEOW cannot generate these as "destroyed" after a relevant combat action. However, smoke objects will still be placed, so the scenery objects will appear to be on fire.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

FSNS_Otto

Post by FSNS_Otto »

Ok - thanks!

I was thinking something like that but to use larger building from map to represent fuel dumps, but this sounds better since target can be identified more easily.
eric963

Airfields with 0 suppply

Post by eric963 »

If an airfield has 0 supply are the only inbound flights allowed ones that contain fuel as freight? Was trying to move an off map flight to the field but was not allowed.

Eric
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes, an air transport carrying fuel will be allowed to land. You can then unload the fuel to the airbase supplies, thereby activating the airbase for more flights to land or take off.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

What transports can we use to re/supply?
How much does the Transport Capacity matter?
There are sorts of Transport Vehicles, do they all having the capacity to transport fuel, ammo etc. or does it go seperatly(fuel-trucks only fuel and transport trucks only ammo)?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Emil,
What transports can we use to re/supply?
Any transport can carry supply.
How much does the Transport Capacity matter?
A lot. It tells you how much a particular unit can carry.
There are sorts of Transport Vehicles, do they all having the capacity to transport fuel, ammo etc. or does it go seperatly(fuel-trucks only fuel and transport trucks only ammo)?
In the current SEOW release, there is no distinction between load types for transport units. However, in the next release fuel trucks and fuel tanker ships will only be able to carry supply (i.e. not other units).

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer