Factory Production and Reinforcements

Primary feature documentation from the SEOW Development Team.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

Factory Production and Reinforcements

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Availability: SEDCS3.00(A), SEDB30, MP4-v4.285 or later

Description:

SEOW now supports a sophisticated industrial production feature that allows commanders to supplement their reinforcement streams by marshalling factories under their control. This is achieved by the following steps:

(1) Enable Factory Production in the DCS "Production and Statistics" tab. Set the number of Production Points created by each factory per mission. Allied and Axis factories may produce at different rates.

(2) Commanders that have control of factories can then use the MP "Logistics : Industrial" tool to order individual factories to produce war materiel of kinds that are already present on the sector.

(3) Each unit type has its own cost per object, e.g. a single Bf-109E4B fighter may cost 10 points. Costs are specified in the Object_Costs table of the database. At the end of each mission, any factory that is undestroyed and "In Production" uses the Production Points just accrued, together with its carryover point balance to purchase the designated unit type. Any such units purchased are automatically placed in the nearest resupply point owned by the controlling force. Aircraft are placed in the nearest Air Supply point, ground units in the nearest Road Supply point, and Naval Units in the nearest Ship Supply point. Any unspent Production Points are placed in the factory's own balance account for the next mission.

(4) Commanders may vary production orders at any time. Factories that are destroyed or captured lose all their point balances. Admins may vary factory production rates using the DCS sliders at any time during the campaign.

Of course, industrial installations are targetable in SEOW. Commanders can designate industrial areas for strategic bombing or for rocket barrages. Now, with industrial production turned on, there is a real strategic reason for getting recon on the enemy factories, working out which ones are producing the most vital supplies, and then destroying them to disrupt your enemy's plans. But remember to protect your own factories!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

III/JG3~Siggi

Post by III/JG3~Siggi »

Absolutely fantastic addition. :D :D :D Way to go chaps, and thanks for all your hard work in the past and the hard work you continue to do. I can only imagine how painful it must be to slave over those countless lines of coordinates (amongst all the other stuff).
102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

one question - is factory production dependent on number of missions flown or time spent running the campaign ?

We have a campaign right now which has lots of clock advances, and we are a bit confused about number of reinforcements that should be available :)

thx in advance
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi cmirko,

Factories produce reinforcements over time. At the end of each mission, each undestroyed, operating factory gets allocated a certain number of production points (as set in the DCS campaign settings). These points are used to "build" whatever object type the factory is designated to produce. If any objects are built, they are automatically placed in the nearest appropriate resupply point and the factory's production point balance is decremented according to the Cost of the object(s).

I don't think that factory production continues during a clock advance, but maybe that is a worthwhile option to have in future. (see the recent thread http://www.raf74.net/seow/viewtopic.php ... ck+advance ).

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

FSNS_Otto

Post by FSNS_Otto »

Factories don't produce anything during clock advance. If you wan't them to do it then you need to generate "Clock advance" missions without any flight or ground movement and report empty logs. This has the drawback that factories are recovered and planes re-armed too.
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Do factories help each other to gain the needed cost to build one single object (40 factories x 5 pts x 1 mission = 200 pts -> 1 FW 190 available at 1st mission), or does any factory keep on producing until its own points summary will be enuogh (40 factories x 5 pts x 40 missions = 8000 pts -> 40 FW 190 available at the 40th mission)?
22GCT_Gross
esmiol

Post by esmiol »

it is the second option i think.

every factory do his own production
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Correct, esmiol!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Ok,
my suggestion (for the future developement) is regrouping the production amount between factories that lie at the same location/city.

In the maps with a great number of installations (see Normandy):
- if I set a low production, I'll wait too many missions before some reinforcements will appear;
- if I set a normal production, I'll get too many reinforcements than required for a balanced game;

Or several factories should be deleted from db before the campaign inizialization.
22GCT_Gross
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Otherwise we could set a clock advance with maintaining factory production.
22GCT_Gross
esmiol

Post by esmiol »

you already can make a clock advance with maintaining factory production :)

but if you regroup the factory it will be faster to buit ship or big ressource point item...but the tank, or low cost vehicules will be a lot slower.

imagine. You try to make tank with your system in a town with 6 factory.... every mission a tank will be built....but with the actual system after 1 or 2 mission 6 tank will be build.

or maybe haven't i understand your exemple. :)

in fact the best solution will be to associate factory who have the same production... but i imagine the work to adapt the code will be high.

i prefer see the train effective first lol

:P
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Maybe not so complex.
It's needed a "Group By" query based on Industrial_Installation.City field which gives the points city summary; if summary is enough for building the ordered objects, go to build routine and put the point rest in the factory wallet.
This could be an optional feature under SEDCS industrial menù (production grouped by factory location = TRUE/FALSE)
22GCT_Gross
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Wow, my first mysql steps!

Code: Select all

SELECT Controlled, City, Sum(Production_Points)
FROM Industrial_Installations
GROUP BY City
ORDER BY Controlled, City
22GCT_Gross
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

As you see above, total per city gained points would let factories produce some objects, however -after 2 missions- each factory holds only 10 points so that no objects can be released.
Regrouping points can simulate factories are specialized in producing some elements of an entire object,
22GCT_Gross
102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

very good idea Gross - is this feasible 4shades ? would it take much coding ?

S!