Tracking all individuals, all the time

Discussions on transforming SEOW into a meta-gaming platform, including concepts, technical development and meta-campaigning.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

Tracking all individuals, all the time

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Just to let you know that I am considering upgrading the meta-SEOW support to track all individual soldiers, all the time. By "track", I mean log their positions and health status in each mission and place them accordingly in the next mission. Currently we only track individual soldiers in infantry teams, and we employ default crews for manned guns, trucks, tanks etc in each new mission. Actions in the very successful Zhitomir campaign at SEOW HQ have shown that we need to track individual crew members too, mission by mission.

I now know how to place individual crew members in their vehicles and set their health parameters, and I can do the same for gun crews (MGs, mortars, AT guns). So this means that ALL individual personnel can be tracked throughout a mission sequence.

I also need to ensure that this information is retained and managed even if units leave a meta-map and enter (or re-enter) a meta-map at a later time.

One thing I am contemplating is whether we can automatically detect vehicle capture events and change the vehicle affiliation between missions. This is purely IF-specific, as vehicle capture is not supported by IL-2.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer