Available squadrons and aircrafts as reinforcements

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Mhondoz

Available squadrons and aircrafts as reinforcements

Post by Mhondoz »

Hi.

We are running a campaign with 4.09m, HSFX 4.1, SEOW Mission Planner v4.610a and SEDB32E.

The campaign was initialized with the Star Of Afrika template by IV/JG7_Warg.

The problem I have is that when I as admin try to add reinforcements, I do not find the some of the plane types described in the template notes. For example the Blenheim MkIV. In the list of available planes to add as reinforcements, the only Blenheim I can find is the Blenheim MkIF.

Same goes for the mission planners. The template describes the reinforcements to be assigned to some named squadrons. But not all of these squadrons are listed as available when flying in the reinforcements. For example the Axis commander should assign Ju-88A4 to KG40, but KG40 is not available.

Is it possible to fix this manually in the database for example?

One note, that may be related to the problem: The template notes describe the campaign start to be at 31st May 1942. Unfortunately I selected 1943.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Mhondoz,

For the Blenheim MkIV, just turn off the "Historical Dates" checkbox in the Reinforcements tool. This will show all available aircraft types regardless of campaign date.

For the extra air regiments, you need to make sure that the regiments you want are allocated to your sector. Edit Airforce_Units table and set the Campaign_Sector value to Libya (or whichever map Star of Afrika uses) for the regiments in question. You can do this right now, in the middle of the campaign. Refresh your MP and it should identify the new regiment allocation and give you the corresponding flights for reinforcements.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Mhondoz

Post by Mhondoz »

Tank you for your reply! :)

I have tried to turn off the Historical Dates, but I still can't find the Blenheim MkIV...

As for regiments, the map used is Cyrenaica. I have set that as Campaign_Sector for KG40, but it is not available as a squadron for the reinforcements.

When I search the database for other squadrons with Cyrenacia only a few of the squadrons listed in the campaign show up. Is this because those squadrons were present at campaign initialize time? (those not listed in Airforce_Units with Cyrenaica as Campaign_Sector, but are available as reinforcement units)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Mhondoz,

By default the Blenheim MkIV is allocated to the Axis side in the database. You need to edit Object_Specifications table, and change Nationality field to "r" to make it available for the Allied side only, or "n" to make it available to both sides.
When I search the database for other squadrons with Cyrenacia only a few of the squadrons listed in the campaign show up. Is this because those squadrons were present at campaign initialize time? (those not listed in Airforce_Units with Cyrenaica as Campaign_Sector, but are available as reinforcement units)
Yes, at initialization time SEOW will work out all the regiments present in the template plus those listed with the same sector in Airforce_Units. I think that you should be able to change Airforce_Units during the campaign and have the new regimental names appear in the Reinforcements tool area in the MP (after a refresh).

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Mhondoz

Post by Mhondoz »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote: By default the Blenheim MkIV is allocated to the Axis side in the database. You need to edit Object_Specifications table, and change Nationality field to "r" to make it available for the Allied side only, or "n" to make it available to both sides.
Thanks, that was it. I am now able to add the Blenheim MkIV as Allied reinforcement.

Is it possible to change the aircraft type of already flown in reinforcements, for example from Blenheim MkIF to Blenheim MkIV?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Mhondoz,

You can change the type of any unit by editing ObjMissionData table. That table contains the complete order of battle for each mission. Find the records for the latest mission and change the Obj_Type entry you want. If you want to change the type of reinforcements, open the Resupply_Replacements table and change the ObjType in there.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Mhondoz

Post by Mhondoz »

Hi 4Shades,

That fixed it, thank you very much. :-)

It seems like it was something strange with KG40, when I tried other squadrons, like KG77 it worked as you said, it appears in the Mission Planner when I change its Campaign_Sector to Cyrenaica in the database.

Is there by the way any documentation that describes the tables in the database, - purpose and use so one could dig out such information without bothering you? ;)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

I've been meaning to make that kind of documentation, but have never got around to it. :(

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer