mapping road layout

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

DD_Friar

mapping road layout

Post by DD_Friar »

Hello,
Could I ask a question about mapping roads?

I am a little uncertain on what is required.

the instructions say about having a vechicle drive the route to an intersection.
Does this mean that for a road layout (as per my crude design below) I would plot a truck moving from point 1 to point 2, then another truck moving from point 2 to point 4. A truck from point 2 to point 3 and fourth truck moving from point 2 to point 5.
For those trucks starting and ending at point 2, do they have to be exactly on top of each other?
(Please ignore dots, they were needed to space the plan out)

....................,----------------------3
.................../
1-------------2----------------4
................./
.............../

I hope my question is clear.
many thanks
DD_Friar
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Friar,

Assuming that points 1,3,4,5 are either other intersections or road endpoints, then yes you need to do just as you say. One truck per route, where a route is defined as a stretch of road between intersections or endpoints. No route can continue through an intersection.

Next, yes, point 2 has to be captured exactly. As posted elsewhere, all IL-2 road points have coordinates that are even multiples of 100. That is good, because it means you can place your truck waypoints approximately on target, then when you postprocess the .mis file you can round the waypoint coordinates off to the nearest 100 m and you will have th exact coordinates required.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

DD_Friar

Post by DD_Friar »

Ok, thanks Shades, that confirms things nicely.
Have a good Christmas.
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

this is how I input the highways; first and last waypoint are to be deleted editing the .mis file.

22GCT_Gross
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Another way is to keep all the waypoints with SEOW_routes_tool (download section): the advantage is to build easily Highway, Bridges and Highway_Intersections tables.

It need to place first and last waypoint near the intersection. In .mis file the waypoints put manually with mouse appear like z=120 and x and y like a number xxxx.xx . The SEOW_routes_Tool transforms it in exact intersection waypoint (xxxx00.00) and z=20 like automatic input of FMB.
You can add waypoints (Z=120) if necessary (like example) when FMB is not able to follow the road (circle road for example)

Happy Christmas to SEOW community ;-)

DD_Friar

Post by DD_Friar »

PA-Dore,

Are you getting my airfields ok?
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

All received! it's OK thanks Friar ;-)