problem with explorer and the MP

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

esmiol

problem with explorer and the MP

Post by esmiol »

hi everybody... i just want ask you if you have encounter the same problem than i have.

Suddently, with no reason... when i try to click on an sector internet explorer sayd that there are errors on the page and said finish he stop load the page and that 's all.... he said this error

Ligne 338
caractere: 9
error: 'TURequest' no define
code 0

the strange thing is that 5 mn before there were no problem..... and the problem appear in other computer.... and when i try to use firefox....there are no problem....but i can't make mission because firefox is not compatible with the MP

excuse me for my poor english
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Esmiol,

First, it is possible to use Firefox with the MP. Many people do this, including me. You just have to install the IE Tab modification for Firefox, get it from http://ietab.mozdev.org . Then use it to view all MP pages at your campaign site.

Second, your IE browser might have a bad page load in its cache. Maybe clearing your browser cache might help. Another possibility is that someone added a mis-formatted Pilot Report or Objective text. The MP can sometimes choke on text that contains funny characters like `'"^|!. If this is the case, the offending Pilot Report or Objective text should be deleted from the DB.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

esmiol

Post by esmiol »

Thanks for the infos shades.... i fix the problem... it was a problem of symbol like you said ;)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Do you know which character symbol it was, and what tool it was in?
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

esmiol

Post by esmiol »

it was ! and | symbol int the tabble "senery _ objectives"

in fact now i remember that just before the problem i was just writing objectives for the campaign.... :P