Cross-Browser Support for MP

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

Cross-Browser Support for MP

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

As of MP v7.3.211, there is explicit cross-browser support. :)

For many years the MP has used explicit extensions compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer, most lately IE11. These extensions made it difficult to use other browsers, although at some times Firefox could be used in "compatibility mode". With Microsoft announcing the impending end of life for Internet Explorer (listed for June 2022), it became imperative to do something about the MP.

The major obstacles in the MP were the right-click menuing system, the opacity filters and the previous loose name/id/styles syntax used in HTML objects. Altering these also required incorporating a features-based browser detection system alongside the extant user-agent filter system. Anyway, all seems to be done and working now.

I have tested the MP on the following browser platforms successfully using Win10:

*) Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (will no longer be supported by Microsoft)
*) Microsoft Edge v98.0.1108.62 (64bit)
*) Google Chrome v98.0.4758.102 (64bit)
*) Firefox v97.0.1 (64bit)
*) Opera v84.0.4316.21 (64bit)

My tests have not been exhaustive (the MP is big and contains many features) but most things seem to operate well I think. Please add any MP platform bug reports to this thread.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer