Adding skins to SEOW campaigns

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=gRiJ=Petr

Adding skins to SEOW campaigns

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

Followed the seow wiki but it seems a bit outdated.
Problem is, campaign is initialized and in a pretty advanced state so re-starting to upload the template with the skins selected is not an option.

I did do a test (with skin selected in initialized template) and found the table and column that contains the name of the skin but when I add a reinforcement type of a plane with a skin, the planner does not give me the option to select the skin and the tooltip give me "default" skin.

Question: is it enough to add the skin name in the Objmissiondata table skin column after the campaign is initialized? If not, is there a way to add skins in an initialized campaign?

Second question: where does SEOW get the skin from? Is it just the name that needs to match to a skin in the IL2 installation that is used?

Thanks!
Petr
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

First you need to enable skins in the DCS campaign mode settings. Then you need to put a valid skin name in the ObjMissionData table "Skin" field, e.g. P51_gold.bmp

Then, players will see those skins if they have the corresponding skin file in the right Paintschemes folder of their game.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=gRiJ=Petr

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

Thanks for the fast reply!
I think I got it.
One more question: is the skin then "fixed" or can it be changed?
What happens if a player does not have the skin? Will he convert to default?

Thanks!
Petr
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

is the skin then "fixed" or can it be changed?
The skin value (whatever it is) is written to the mission file each time at "Build" time. You can change it whenever you like, as many times as you like.
What happens if a player does not have the skin? Will he convert to default?
He will see the game default skin for the airframe based on season (winter/summer).

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=gRiJ=Petr

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

Copy, Thanks!
Ala13_Florete

Post by Ala13_Florete »

Hi Peter, the Ala13 have found a different solution to this problem. We created a mod that changes the default skin of all players, and all pilots will always have the correct skin during the mission. It's a little more complicated but much more effective.

If you are interested we can explain how it works. This is the link to our specific mod, check it out!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7j6vd ... _FINAL.rar

Nus Vemus!