Adding objects at a later date

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

USN_Opus

Adding objects at a later date

Post by USN_Opus »

Is it possible to add objects/scenery after campaign initialization? Trees, houses, etc...

Thanks
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Yes 2 tables are present in the database; scenery (objects) and scenery_stationary (stationary objects) where you can record all objects.

Another way (If I remember well) is quicker: Just after the mission download, add all these new objects in the mis file, then, when the mission will be analyzed, the 2 tables will be filled automatically. (It's the same process when the campaign Template is initialized)
USN_Opus

Post by USN_Opus »

Perfect..TY Dore...
USN_Opus

Post by USN_Opus »

Kinda on the same topic, can somebody point me to the "How-to" for setting-up factories? I did it before (2 years ago) but now I am drawing a blank. I placed the factory and a object inside (car) but the Industrial_Installations table is empty so...

Thanks!
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Hi,
A factory appears in the MP if you have a corresponding record into the Industrial_Installation table.
When you placed the car I suppose you were in the template building phase to customize your standard database, so you were expecting to find the factory after the initialization.

The car only tells you the X & Y coordinates you have to input into the database table. So, the template phase has nothing to do with the industrial table.
You have to build a distinct mis file to pick up the factories coordinates, and you can do it also after the campaign initialization.

Look at the existing records to properly fill any field.
22GCT_Gross
USN_Opus

Post by USN_Opus »

22GCT_Gross wrote:Look at the existing records to properly fill any field.
Ah perfect...all clear except for above as the table is empty so I have go formatting guide for the table entries...bit of a chicken and egg situation ;)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Maybe your map has no factories defined by default. Check out another map DB that has factories defined, e.g. Normandy or Smolensk.

Once you have the desired X,Y coords, adding a factory record to Industrial_Installations table is 30 seconds work.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Zoi

Post by Zoi »

I've heard this thirty seconds thing before :wink:
USN_Opus

Post by USN_Opus »

Will do Shades...I'll grab the conversions from Normandy or something...

Thanks!