SEOW v7 Planning

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

gec100

Post by gec100 »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:No it doesn't register bomb weight or explosive charge. But it does register the amount of damage per hit. We still have to turn that into score points in order to include it in the Statistics.
My thinking is that this way of scoring is much better and more fair to different pilot/plane preferences, cause only thing that's scored is pilots precision.

If i understood correctly how plates work, damage is different on plates edge than on plates center. so one smaller bomb dropped in the center could do more damage than bigger bomb dropped on the edge of the plate. meaning that better pilot will get better score.

bigger tool is not always better :D
Riksen

New suggestion to make Statatics look even better ...

Post by Riksen »

Well, I guess everyone here loves SEOW just as much as I do. Everything is great and well designed but I decided to implement some things to the statistic system (didnt actually introduce them into the code or anything, just graphical features).

So I would like to know what you guys think and maybe if it would be possible to introduce something like it in a future release. As you can see in the figure above, we would have to introduce a system to track the patent for each pilot according to his nation as well as a system for condecorations.
Again, this is just a suggestion and I do love SEOW as is ... Let me know what you guys think

:D

Regards,

Riksen
Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Well with so many responses, I'm glad u guys like it ... :(
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Your idea is great but I guess it's a hard work to run this automatically, it needs new databases'tables, new uniticons, new php code.
The actual priority is to update SEOW to HSFX7 ans Shades has a lot of work for that ^^

Perhaps in the future :wink:
Riksen

Post by Riksen »

Agreed Dore ... Hope SEOW for HSFX 7 comes soon. Whatever I can do to hep just let me know.

Regards,

Riksen
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Riksen,

Sorry, I have been busy. On your post, I think I have seen a similar idea from someone else a while ago.

To emulate the page you show in SEOW style we need code and image support for:

1. Personal images from pilots/players (storage, upload etc)
2. Medal image sets by nation
3. Medal qualification systems by nation
4. Language pack extensions
5. PHP engine code modifications to enable this integrated functionality in an automated manner

Noting we now support 20+ nations in SEOW, you can see that a full implementation requires a lot of work.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Riksen

Copy that

Post by Riksen »

I guess was just an idea, but was mentioned above SEOW 7 is priority for sure .... Well let me know if one day u decide to work on something like that, i would certainly help u at least with the images and all that ....

:lol:
Riksen

New SEOW 7 is coming ...

Post by Riksen »

Thxs all developers for this amazing tool...
Long live SEOW!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

That's better Riksen. It will spur us on!

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

5./JG54_Eman

Post by 5./JG54_Eman »

Nice work everyone!

I just see an item missing. Which I think it's really useful.

In 4.12 AI is able to taxi, and I think that it's a great feature for SEOW.

I can remember when there were a tone load of flights taking off from the same airfield, and the heavy loaded bomber's just had 1/2, or even 1/4 of the runway to take off, which ended with them going cross-country hand many times craching.

So if they all spawn at the taxi way and then taxi to the bottom of the runway they will have full run way to take off!
I will show an example and a mechanic to make it work.
5./JG54_Eman

Post by 5./JG54_Eman »

Well besides looking a good idea I just noticed how much effort it will take to get it working with every single airfield from every single sector :shock:

There are so many!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

And that's why I haven't bothered with this, plus the fact that variable wind conditions and army unit locations (obstructing) may make taxying very difficult in general.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Initial post update with progress notes.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Great work as usual :lol:

I will run a new campaign on february, I hope all these features will be available!
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:Initial post update with progress notes.
Great! !!!!!
15. Revised ground formations/emplacements for dug-in units (Devill suggestion)
What is the suggestion/idea?