SEOW without EXPERT mode

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Riksen

SEOW without EXPERT mode

Post by Riksen »

Hi guys its me again ...

I'm currently running a SEOW campaign in HSFX 6.0.17 but some players in my squad dont like the expert mode of it. I know that the mod enables some important chages in armor, fire power, and some changes in planes flight models and I personally dont mind these channges at all, I actually like then in order to make it more realistic but the whining is unbearable lol ...

My question is:
Is it possible to run it without the expert mode.. I mean what do i lose without it? Does it interfere with the way the database interprets things?

Thxs again and Happy 2014 to u all!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes, you can even run SEOW with the stock game if you want.

With Expert mode there may be some changes in ground object performance (through edits to the technics.ini file).

Strictly speaking, when commencing an SEOW campaign you need to ensure that your DB is synchronized with the technics file first (which can be done easily using the SEOW Technics Editing Tool). This process makes sure that SEOW knows the attack ranges and speeds of all ground units, and gets this information into the MP for correct display there.

So, the only issue for you in turning Expert mode off is whether there will be significant changes in ground object performance, and whether that matters to you. If yes, then just synchronize your DB with the non-Expert technics file.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer