Rail Blockage

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

II/JG54_Emil

Rail Blockage

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Since I have seen trains moving across the landscape without railway(just like ships do), I wonder why we cannot ignore the railblockage?
The railblockage is, as far as I know, just a gap in the railway net in the map_T.
The roads and railway in map_T are only helping the FMB to find the roads/railsways.
For the running mission play in IL-2 it is irrelevant, since the path is defined by coordinates in the mission file.

Did anyone try to ignore the Rail Blockage by editing the misison file and test the result?
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Hi Emil

Yes you can do it. Your remark is good. This gave me an idea for future:

Route_Blockages were added because we had some difficulties capturing some maps, missing bridges, wrong roads (e.g highway instead of railway ...). For trains, as you know only 2 WP can be added in the FMB, so it was very difficult to have continuous routes in case of blockage.

Now, I will remove all route_blockages and replace them with a virtual route added directly in the tables. Of course, this needs rebuild the intersections tables.

Then, there will be no blockages in the Mission Planner and trains or vehicles will cross through them in the game.
As an example, I will remove the rail blockage in the new SEOW map (Channel Circus) (Sector A)
http://www.flibusteairline.com/MP4publi ... Status=new
admin/password
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

You're wonderful!

Can you do the same for Golf of Finland map for our Winterwar Campaign (there are only a few)?

Or explain me what exactly to do?
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Emil: HERE are the data.

You will find 3 new tables in 2 formats (sql or csv)

How to proceed:

1. If you use the SEDB70A reference database:
In your 3 old tables Railway_Waypoints, Railway_Intersections, Route_Blockages remove all Gulf of Finland records.

2. If you use a specific Gulf of Finland database (only GoF data) empty the 3 previous tables

Then for cases 1 or 2, replace with 3 new tables.

All blockages were removed adding virtual rail routes. I saw that blockages still exist in the FMB map except the East Leningrad one (BJ10)

All intersections were checked (no bad intersections)

9 new rail routes of 3 WP were added (20000 to 20008)

If you want to remove virtual blockages icons from the MP, you can empty the Route_Blockages table.

Cheers
JP
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Perfect!

Thank you. :)