Possible bug with SubtypeVIIC_SrfwithBeacon

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Kopfdorfer

Possible bug with SubtypeVIIC_SrfwithBeacon

Post by Kopfdorfer »

Hey Guys,

As always , with me there is always the possibility of user error , but I have found this glitch to repeat
after a template flush and reinitializing the template three times.

I am using the latest DCS.
I attempted to initiailize a template on the Burma Lower Map , and with popup info on ,
I received the error message stating that the DCS did not recognize the object named
"SubtypeVIIC_SrfwithBeacon". It also stated that I should ensure that the "Enable HSFX Mod Objects" Tab was enabled.
It was , but to make sure , I reinitiated once with it unchecked , and once more with it checked and got the same results.

Kopfdorfer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Re: Possible bug with SubtypeVIIC_SrfwithBeacon

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Kopfdorfer,

I just checked SEDB74_Reference and the Object_Specifications table contains an object called "SubTypeVIIC_SrfWithBeacon" which does not match the object you report. The "W" does not match "w". This may be a simple transcription error in SEDB74.

Just examine that record and make sure it matches what IL2/HSFX thinks it should be. Note that I don't think that surfacing/submerging will work for this sub variant in SEOW.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Kopfdorfer

Post by Kopfdorfer »

In terms of historical replication , WW2 era radio beacons could not transmit while submerged ,
as far as I know - not too far - so theoretically , the periscope level representation could simply be a
standard Type VIIC U-boat.
In SEOW terms of the fully submerged vessel , as I understand how you wrote it , there needs be only the tracking of the theoretical movement of the sub , so I think this need only be tracked as any other sub.

Would this be correct ?

Kopfdorfer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes.
But the MP needs to understand exactly which types of submarines can go deep. It does this via some JavaScript code which, if I recall correctly, does not include the beacon variant at the moment.

Cheers
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer