Conquering factories

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Ala13_Mdie

Conquering factories

Post by Ala13_Mdie »

Hi all:

In the campaign we are running (in Crimea), we are about to conquer a group of enemy factories in Yevpatoria, but we have a few questions about what happens when one side takes some factories to the other side.

It seems that it requires more than one mission to change the ownership of those factories once they are with no enemy land unit around, so it could happen that once those factories are rounded for the new owner's units, they are still makeing units of the older owner, aren't they? Or maybe the production "collapses" when those factories are in dispute, like the Air Bases?

What's the process or steps that the DCS follows when a situation like this is produced?

Thanks and S!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Mdie,

I am on a long international journey at the moment, so I can't answer with 100% certainty, but here is how I *remember* it:

1) Factories are captured in the same way as airbases, i.e. by getting the right controlling force nearby and unopposed.

2) Production at the captured factory will automatically collapse and the factory will be set to "Idle". The victorious commander will have to re-set production details using the Logistics:Industrial tool in the MP. This will force the victorious side to produce its own materiel.

3) Factories can be captured and lost multiple times by opposing sides as the battle rages back and forth.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Ala13_Mdie

Post by Ala13_Mdie »

Thanks for your answer, and let me make one more question:
Can those factories be put in "in dispute" status like air bases? It seems that not, but maybe it could be implemented in future versions.

Thank you very much, and enjoy your trip. :wink:

S!