Just saying Hi

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

II./JG1_Klink

Just saying Hi

Post by II./JG1_Klink »

~S~
Just popped in before SE malta started to give everyone a hello and thanks for hosting a successful campaign system, see ya up there :wink:
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

S!

BTW - who is running the Malta campaign?

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

RAF74_Taipan

Post by RAF74_Taipan »

S! Shades

RAF74 is hosting. Involved are JG1, WW, LE and RAF74.

Campaign is now up to the 9th mission.

It is the recreation of operation pedestal. We are using the okinawa map, as the distances involved are very similar.

While the boys battled over the carriers yesterday, RAF74 Buzzsaw sent WW_Dubya and i off in dive bombers to find an italian convoy with fuel supplied crossing from Italy to north Africa.

Buzzsaw gave us a heading of 162 degrees, for 35 minutes. (35 minutes!

Dubya and i took off over flew the carrier and set off over the ocean on a course bearing 162. After 32 minutes flying over nothing but water, there on the horizon was the convoy moving south. Dubya and I attacked into stiff AAA.

Dubya sank 1 tanker and i damaged the other. Unfortunately due to AAA there was no return journey, but the experience of flying on faith for 35 minutes and to then find a convoy in formation, moving was just wonderful
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Tai,

Good to see you around! Yes, I think that operations over water have a very special feel.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer