Cross Sector Movement

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

CSG Lipfert

Cross Sector Movement

Post by CSG Lipfert »

Hola,

Could someone please point me to documentation regarding movements from one Sector to another.

Thanks in advance.
Adjutant Lipfert 5./JG52
Combat Simulation Group "CSG", 1500+ Online DCG Missions on the Ost Front
Murdock

Most plotting is usually done via the whole sector map.

Post by Murdock »

I think they originally designed the sector maps to be linkable (in other words to be able to plot at that zoomed in area, but move to another map to finish plotting) but i do not think that ever came to fruition. One reason they originally designed sector maps was for individual groups to host each sector 24x7. That also was not further developed past the initial map offerings. I thin what it does offer is a good close-up view after you have plotted at the whole sector level.

Summary:
Use the "Whole Sector Map" to plan missions.

Regards, Murdock
4Shades, correct me if I am mistaken.***
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Murdock is right, if I understand the original question correctly. There is some SEOW terminology to get to grips with here.

SEOW offers support for campaigns in a number (soon to be 29!) sectors. Examples of sectors are "Kursk", "New Guinea", "Tunis" etc. Some people also refer to SEOW sectors as "maps". Within each sector, the MP offers a range of views. Views include "districts", e.g. "Kursk A", "Kursk B" etc, and "cities", e.g. "Normandy Argentan", "Normandy Le Havre". The MP also offers a "whole of sector" view that can be accessed using the top pull-down menu on the sector overview page in the MP (that you see immediately after logging in to the sector).

I hope that helps!
Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

CSG Lipfert

Post by CSG Lipfert »

Ok,

That makes sense now, thanks !!!
Adjutant Lipfert 5./JG52
Combat Simulation Group "CSG", 1500+ Online DCG Missions on the Ost Front