Hello and thank you!

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

B16Enk

Hello and thank you!

Post by B16Enk »

Finally got around to registering here, thought I had then remembered the anti-spam had me fooled.

Doesn't say a lot about my eye sight does it!

Wanted to say thanks and give a big ~S~ to the creators of SEOW.

If it is of any interest to some here, I have taken the current SEOW and packaged it up with 'Uniform Server.

It's the whole shebang, and weighs in at 124Mb, nice thing is you just un pack it and it's ready to use.

The SEOW Server in a box....
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=115125

It's a self extractor and will default to install in a folder called 'Uniform Server' (how appropriate) in the root of whichever folder you have it in.
It should work wherever...

Now the all important stuff:

Once extracted go to the folder, in Windows Explorer, look for and double click 'UniController.exe'.
This will start the web server, and the fun can now begin...no installation required and no changes to your system (apart from firewall prompts).

It will create a new temporary drive, W:, that is a mirror of the folder in which it is installed.
Backing this up will also back up the databases.

All web files are 'served' out of x:\Uniform Server\udrive\www.
x:\Uniform Server\udrive\www\mp4 is the SEOW system, you can add other folders here (in x:\Uniform Server\udrive\www) and referencing them via http://localhost/your_folder_name will server your site (providing there is an index/default.html/php file there).

SEOW pages are accessed using:
http://localhost/mp4

Passwords are default, for commanders and admin.

They are:
admin - password is 'admin'

alliedhq (user) london (password)

axishq (user) berlin (password)

Password for MySQL database access is:

root (user) root (password)

This is what you need for DCS.

If you go to http://localhost/apanel you will get the admin panel for the server, where no end of goodies await, including the means to change passwords etc.

I have populated the database with all SEOW campaign sectors, and all maps SEOW supports are available.

There is an anomaly, the titles on the SE campaign page have an errant character in place of the '|' and I don't know why.

Enjoy :)
Last edited by B16Enk on Fri 07 Sep 2007 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Wow! Do you want this placed at the Sourceforge downloads page?
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

B16Enk

Post by B16Enk »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:Wow! Do you want this placed at the Sourceforge downloads page?
Hi Shades :)

It would make sense, I will do my best to keep it up to date too.
I need to fix the odd formatting issue, but it does function perfectly well as it is.

If this helps more discover SEOW then great :).
=69.GIAP=PAVEL

Post by =69.GIAP=PAVEL »

Impresive!!!!

This is what most people really need.
I think that the most difficult of the SEOW it is the first setup.
With this tool, it will open to a new group of squadron that tried but give up due to his complex setup.

Just a few things more:

1.- B16Enk. Prepare for answer question of those new squadrons about your tool. :P

2.- 4Shades. Each day the SEOW looks a serious tool to be add to the IL2.
Hopefully some day you receive a email from Oleg. :wink:

Thank you both for the hard work.

S!
102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

great addition :) - it will help a lot of new users for sure :)

S!
B16Enk

Post by B16Enk »

I'm glad it's appreciated :)

I have notifications on for this topic, and will endeavour to respond to any queries here.

If any one can offer improvements I will gladly incorporate them and repackage.
VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Thank you B16Enk. It is what is needed for people like me. :) I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

B16Enk's Uniform Server release is now available at the usual SEOW downloads site (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=115125)

It is called "B16Enk Uniform Server 1.0". It would be good for people who try it out to post their experiences here. In fact I'll probably make a new thread at the Technical Discussion Forum.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

B16Enk

Post by B16Enk »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:B16Enk's Uniform Server release is now available at the usual SEOW downloads site (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=115125)

It is called "B16Enk Uniform Server 1.0". It would be good for people who try it out to post their experiences here. In fact I'll probably make a new thread at the Technical Discussion Forum.

Cheers,
4Shades
Thanks Shades :)
Updated the link in my post above, and I'll have a look/watch out for the thread in the Technical Discussion Forum and set a notify on it :).
EJGr.Ost_Chamel

Re: Hello and thank you!

Post by EJGr.Ost_Chamel »

Hi Enk,

great idea + many thanks for your efforts!

And:
B16Enk wrote: There is an anomaly, the titles on the SE campaign page have an errant character in place of the '|' and I don't know why.
If I set the character coding (Is this the right term in english? I mean the german "Zeichenkodierung") in the browser to "Unicode (UTF-8 )" then everything looks perfect!

Greetings

Chamel
B16Enk

Post by B16Enk »

~S~ Chamel.

Thanks for that tip!

I'm going to create a new redirect.html file to provide links to the apanel, the SEOW pages and links for additional requirements, like the ODBC connector.

I will also create a flash tutorial on setting it up, this again will be accessed via the redirect.html.
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

S! B16,

Very nice work and takes a lot of pain away from the end user.

I did a little work on the funny character and to eliminate it without changing browser settings follow the details below:

Funny character fix.

If you've noticed that annoying funny character ? crop up on the pages then you can do the following to remove it:

Search for the file httpd.conf
Open the file in notepad or something similar
add a # to the beginning of the line:

Code: Select all

AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1
Its about line 733

Line should then read

Code: Select all

# AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1
If you have already started UniController the click stop and then click start

Refresh your browser and check that the funny character has gone.
doubletap

Post by doubletap »

I have installed this on my PC to work on campaigns for the Dangerdogz, and after B16 nursing me through some issues, it works dandy!

Doubletap