Shipping routes table

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

JAGD_RC

Shipping routes table

Post by JAGD_RC »

I have a question about shipping routes. I like to use shipping a lot, it is tough to get ships in or out of ports without driving them into buildings etc, which is an expensive way to park them :)

I assume that the shipping routes table was intended to aid in that problem. If I added shipping route data for Italy or Gulf of Finland, would the ships follow those routes the way trucks follow roads?

It looks like the Habours table plays a roll here too. By the looks of it, the habours are laid out the same way airbases are, with the addition of arrive & depart "waypoints"?

I notice there are only 2 of them now, both for Crimea. Just wondering how to use them, if they work?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi RC,

Presently neither the shipping routes nor the harbours data is used. If ships had some "auto collision avoidance" logic, like cars and trucks etc, then I would be happier to start building that logic. The best I could do in a reasonable amount of coding time is to dock ships at harbours if they are stationary within, say, 10 km of a harbour. But moving ships in and out of areas of congestion will always be hard in IL-2. :(

Railway movement is also a priority now for development.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer