Aircraft Carriers-are they supported?

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

DD_Friar

Aircraft Carriers-are they supported?

Post by DD_Friar »

Can I use an aircraft carrier in seow as an active airfield?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes, aircraft carriers are fully supported in SEOW. In making a template for carrier operations, it is necessary to "Set" the carrier as the landing target for each flight assigned to the carrier. In all other respects, you can just treat carriers as mobile landing fields.

Many people have run SEOW campaigns with carrier groups fighting each other - these are some of the most interesting and demanding operations you can have in SEOW.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

DD_Friar

Post by DD_Friar »

many thanks for the reply.
i suppose there is an aircraft limit per carrier
and
when comming into land, do the usual rules of "chocked" planes still apply, i.e if chocked, you can fly through them?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

All the usual in-game rules and methods still apply. SEOW does not (and cannot) alter any of the in-game dynamics. All SEOW does is build IL2-compliant coop files, so whatever dynamics happen in games is purely a function of where commanders place their units, and how the IL2 engine responds.

The best rule for carrier operations is for pilots to land, taxi to front of carrier, put chocks in, flaps up, engine off. This will make their planes turn into ghosts that other planes can move through without damage.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

doubletap

Post by doubletap »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:
The best rule for carrier operations is for pilots to land, taxi to front of carrier, put chocks in, flaps up, engine off. This will make their planes turn into ghosts that other planes can move through without damage.

Cheers,
4Shades
I did NOT know this. This solves at least one problem I had with a campaign idea. Fantastic!

Doubletap