Error Messages when using DCS

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

MaxenThor

Error Messages when using DCS

Post by MaxenThor »

I have received the following error messages when downloading a mission and the second when uploading the eventlog.lst for analysis.

The first error message when down loading a mission:

"mod Complex Ground.sub Construct Route to Next CWP5:5 Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than size of the collection.

Parameter_name: index
Error 5
Description: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection

Parameter name: index "

The second error message when uploading a completed mission for analysis.

"basMissionBuuilder.strCoordsToTileCode:13 Conversion from type'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.

Error 13

Description: Conversion from type "DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid."

What do these error messages mean and were do I look to make the correction.

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Maxen Thor
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Max,

Tell us your DCS version and your DB version (and platform). I am guessing you are using MSAccess DB and an old DCS.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

MaxenThor

Post by MaxenThor »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:Tell us your DCS version and your DB version (and platform). I am guessing you are using MSAccess DB and an old DCS.
Shades thanks for your response. I'm using DCS 3.1.0 and MySQL on the SEOW server which I understand Hitcher has updated with the latest releases.

Edit:I just checked to see if my version of DCS was the latest and found there is a later version of DCS 3.1.3. I don't know if this would make a difference but I will update this AM.
Maxen Thor
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

It will make a difference to the "Index out of Range" error. The other error is non-critical.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

MaxenThor

Post by MaxenThor »

Thanks Shades. I uploaded my updated template yesterday,built a test mission and downloaded it with out any errors. :) I will run the mission today and upload the eventlog.lst to be analyzed. I will let you know if I receive any error messages and what they were. Again thanks for your help.
Maxen Thor
MaxenThor

Post by MaxenThor »

Shades,ran mission and uploaded eventlog with no errors. Also downloaded new mission without any error messages so it appears the problem was with the out dated DCS. Thanks again for your help.
Maxen Thor
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Good news! :)
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer