air supply and air withdraw

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

22GCT_Gross

air supply and air withdraw

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

since I cannot find a good italian translation of withdraw:
Which is the difference between
- air supply and air withdraw (icons on the border map)?
- supply drop and withdraw (when planning an air mission)?
Tnx
22GCT_Gross
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Icons

Air supply points are where reinforcements are kept, and where Off Map flights are stationed. They can be used as "virtual airbases". In-game, aircraft flying from Off Map will spawn at these locations. Aircraft flying to an Off Map base will reach these locations and circle them until the mission ends, or until they run out of fuel or are shot down.

Air witdhraw points are locations where flights are dissolved and moved into the reinforcement pool at the corresponding air supply point. If you want to dissolve an active flight, send it to an air withdraw point. Air withdraw points are NOT virtual bases, their only function is to dissolve active flights.

Waypoint Tasks

If an air transport is carrying supplies as freight, it can be ordered to perform a parachute drop of the supplies by using the "S" waypoint task (for Supply Drop). This is great for resupplying isolated ground units, like an airlift.

You can also tell you flight to withdraw to the nearby air withdraw point by using the "W" waypoint task.

A tip: call me wierd, but I never use the "L" or "W" waypoint tasks. If I want to terminate a set of waypoints, I simply place the last waypoint near an airbase or supply/withdraw point and then right-click and select Finalize. This selects the right task directive automatically and puts you into the loadout+briefing+etc area.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

many tnx
22GCT_Gross