idea for recon operations

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

102nd-HR-cmirko

idea for recon operations

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

here is another idea "borrowed" from AW and other Bellum clones - instead of only AI recon operations (which are btw beautiffuly done :)) SEOW could also support, with some rework of code, human recons - so, lets say you use some action which produces log entry (smoke in AW) when you want to start capturing photos....., planes that do Human recon would have to be unarmed and have 10 photo's to shoot, ofcourse recon should be better as pilot goes lower in altitude....

I know all about pilot reports :), but they are pretty unreliable...., on the other hand AI does pretty good job if planners take morea than one photo of same spot of ground, but AI is pretty dumb and almost always gets killed if its spotted....
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

I would translate this as:

Planes would have to be unarmed and would get one photo to shoot. There is no reliable way to tell the altitude, speed or tactical situation of the human aircraft, so we would probably have to give it a low recon effectiveness.

It could be a lot of fun to be the guy in the hot seat! I am considering how to do this.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

102nd-YU-VUK

Post by 102nd-YU-VUK »

well if it is unarmed and have only 1 shot at recon area hm.
well at least give pilot a fighting chance by default
or increase it to 5 shots without bullets :D
"Ako misliš pobediti ne smeš izgubiti."
"Neprijatelj koga poznajete, je ujedno i onaj protiv koga se možete i braniti."
102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

as Vuk said - the idea was to "advance" AI recon capabillities, with one photo and low recon effectiveness planners would be hard pressed to sacrifice one human slot in exchange for low recon returns :) (well at least in our campaign since we lack human slots already - always seem to have a full mission :))

my vote would go towards 5 shots (or db controlled number of photo's) - also recon planes have to be unarmed...... and a medium recon effectiveness (or again DB controlled effective rate :))

I'm glad you think that idea is fine - I think it would add another "dimension" to SEOW immersion :)