Bug Perhaps?

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

II./JG1_Krupinski

Bug Perhaps?

Post by II./JG1_Krupinski »

Shades,

Another bug, with a work around.

I found for every air mission I create. I set all the waypoints and go to finalize by setting the last waypoint to land (at original base). The commit button appears, but does nothing when you click on it (no javascript error neither).

To get it to work, at this point I go change something, like altitude, change it back and go to last waypoint time and reset to Land.

Then it all appears again and works.

MP: Version v4.360
IE Version: 7.0.5730.11

Best regards,

Raven

PS. Any hopes of going ASPX (.NET) for the MP?
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Did you hit the "finalize order mission" choice by right click mouse menu before hitting "commit"?
You must send this order anyway, also if you take your planes to land with landing order.
22GCT_Gross
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

:D The first MP versions were ASP, but the MP was ported to PHP years ago by popular demand of the user community.

Any particular reason why you would want ASPX?

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II./JG1_Krupinski

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:
:D The first MP versions were ASP, but the MP was ported to PHP years ago by popular demand of the user community.

Any particular reason why you would want ASPX?

Cheers,
4Shades
I've been a developer for going on 20 years and have extensive experience with .NET.
II./JG1_Krupinski

gross wrote:Did you hit the "finalize order mission" choice by right click mouse menu before hitting "commit"?
You must send this order anyway, also if you take your planes to land with landing order.
Not in the case described. If you change the last way point to 'LAND' it offers up the commit button.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Raven,

Well, if you can handle ASP and .NET, then there really is no problem handling PHP. I knew neither before starting to write the MP (I guess it shows!), but really there is a reasonable amount of overlap between the two. Neither are hard to learn. Really, if I was going to change anything structural in the MP now, it would be to use a callback feature like Ajax.

The reason I shifted to PHP was to capture those users who were running Linux-based hosts through ISPs. In the sim community, PHP skills seem to be more widespread than ASP .NET. Of course, the DCS is 100% .NET.

Cheers,
4Shades

PS: The "Land"/Commit issue is new to me, basically because I never explicitly set a waypoint to "Land". Just hitting right-click:Finalize does it for me, the system assumes the last waypoint is meant to be a landing point. I'll have a look at the button activation code anyway.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Hi Krup,
What I wanted to say is: if you set the landing order in the waypoint list, yes, the yellow commit button does appear, but it will be not active until you choose the Finalize Order command from the right click context menu.
22GCT_Gross
II./JG1_Krupinski

gross wrote:Hi Krup,
What I wanted to say is: if you set the landing order in the waypoint list, yes, the yellow commit button does appear, but it will be not active until you choose the Finalize Order command from the right click context menu.
CC,

I'll be sure to finalize before clicking.. thanks...