Factories

The common meeting place for SEOW veterans and noobs alike, sharing feedback, ideas and experiences.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

22GCT_Gross

Factories

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Hi to all!
We're playing a 1941 Crimea campaign
- http://85.14.219.109

Scorched Earth Mission Planner v4.373
running on Apache/1.3.33 (Win32) PHP/4.3.10

First:
In the previous MP4 release > menu logistic, a factory on destroyed state was flagged as "idle".
In the current MP4 release the destroyed factories are flagged as "producing" even if database and MP icons confirm their "destroyed" state. So I do not know if an attack strategic affects industrial production.

Second:
I disabled automatic industrial repair, so only engineers can repair them when falling into the factory control radius.
An engineer column had been located into the control radius for the two last mission, but without any repairing (look at yevpatoria city). However, a fuel depot seems to be nearer to the column than the destroyed factory.
Should factory be the nearest object to be repaired?

thanks
Last edited by 22GCT_Gross on Tue 13 Nov 2007 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
22GCT_Gross
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Gross,

OK, bad factory tooltip. The factory won't start producing again until it is repaired. I'll see if I can fix this. Thanks!

Engineers can only repair bridges, not factories. Factories are larger and much more complex, well beyond the capacity of an engineer platoon or company to fix, so turning off automatic repair will mean that the factory stays destroyed forever.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

mmh..
so, since I cannot restart campaign, can I simply manually edit destroyed status in industrial installation table on db?
22GCT_Gross
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes, or you can simply adjust your industrial repair setting variables in the DB Campaign_Settings table to turn auto repair back on.

Note that if you are editing Industrial_Installations, there is an Event_Date field which must also be managed (use sequence number format).

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Tnx 4S!
I reactivated the industrial automatic repair-
22GCT_Gross